Manager, WholesaleApply NowApply Later Job ID 769969BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 25, 2020
- The Manager will monitor work flow in assortment planning, Sourcing, cost and payment. This person will be accountable to ensure timelines are achieved.
- Communicate closely with internal contacts on assortment / timeline / shipment / payment
- Communicate closely with global sourcing team & vendors on product details / costs / delivery, etc
- Manage timeline of product testing / delivery to make sure all products are ready on time
- Evaluate processes related to ordering, planning and buying and recommend process improvements, tools, or IT enhancements that can increase efficiencies.
- Partner with cross functional teams, across multiple timezones, to achieve objectives
- Identify and troubleshoot areas of process improvement, where necessary, through a solutions orientated lens
- Work and manage multiple initiatives at once in a highly dynamic environment
Basic Qualifications:8 years above of experience leading teams
Retail merchandising / buying office background
Experience in merchandise sourcing and production management.
Understanding China and global testing, safety, labelling requirement and impact to manufacturing process
Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin (written & verbal)
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience using SAP and/or other ERP systems (preferred) and ability to quickly learn specific customized tools
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.