Merchandise Presentation ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 605017BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
- Provide leadership in the creation, direction, and implementation of innovative Visual Presentation concepts and techniques that promote an exciting shop environment for the Guests and drives revenue.
- Strategize and create visual concepts/marketing to support enterprise segment and Resort-wide initiatives.
- Be responsible for display design and development of Shanghai Disney Resort props, design and update of display booths for regular stores and special event or promotion. Window design and promotion execution. Negotiate with suppliers on monitor cost, time and quality.
- Develop and monitor fiscal year calendars that capture timing and budgets for key Resort milestones and merchandise initiatives.
- Propose new ideas in the development of an in season testing strategy that supports current product trends.
- Partner with all Shanghai Disney Resort lines of businesses (DSQ, Marketing, Entertainment, PA etc,) and work closely with internal groups such as planning, PD, Creative and Store Operations) as well as Corporate Partners and DCP, to help create a fully integrated creative plan that supports key Shanghai Disney Resort merchandise initiatives.
- Formulate display strategies related to new collection and products annual and quarterly. Develop regional store visual display guidelines, implement and monitor the display products and props. New image screen update and follow-up. Maintain the visual presentation during store visit daily.
- Monitor and implement store display, make inspection schedule for store display and be responsible for store display implementation and guidance. Provide relevant display photos or reports regularly, correct and guide the problems related to store display and adjust the display to comply with the guidelines.
- Design and implement display props according to the collection promotion plan for whole year. Be responsible for props design, proofing, procurement and storage tracking.
- Provide Shanghai Disney Resort display training to the Visual Presentation Professional Cast Members and develop field Visual Cast Members, so as to improve the level of display in the resort.
- Manage the team well and communicate with other team timely when line manager is absent. Ensure all projects are completed on time and with high quality.
- Assist with other departments to carry out promotion activities. Be responsible for formulating and coordinating the plans and schedules. Assist the store to understand the implementation of promotion, timely follow up the status and feedback.
- Develop training tools relating to Visual Presentation standards, window standards, and overdress standards and maintenance.
- Strategize Resort-wide 5yr strategic planning fixture fund needs and theming in partnership with Store Development, based on Merchandise current and up trending business needs.
- Communicate business needs challenges and successes in a timely and concise manner.
- Responsible for stage planning process - focus on key/high volume locations
- Determine future yearly spend needs and ensure fiscal targets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Visual Merchandise/Business or Fashion.
- College degree or above, major in art, design or related.
- At least 5 years working experience in the same position in apparel retail industry.
- Have fashionable and acute vision, able to grasp color effect and tie-in skill flexibly.
- Proficiency in Mandarin and English.
- Able to operate Photoshop, Illustrator and other design-related software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to choose different expressions and emphasis depending on the audience.
- Be positive and have the ability to deal with ambiguous and ambiguous situations.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.