Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 876166BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
- Lead and manage high performing teams
- Develops Associate Managers, Merchandisers, Associate Merchandisers, and/or Merchandise Assistants, positioning them for growth within the organization;
- Maintain relationships, resolve issues, and balance workload of Direct Reports;
- Interview candidates for open roles and make hiring recommendations, including, but not limited to Associate Managers, Merchandisers, Associate Merchandisers, Merchandise Assistants, and Merchandise Interns;
- Lead cross functional teams towards product vision and alignment;
- Sets direction and timeline for the overall Merchandise lifecycle;
- Sets and leads line review presentation.
- Responsible for product strategy by category and franchise positioning within category;
- Perform market analysis, competitive shop, and analyze historical sales trends to keep abreast of current consumer and fashion trends;
- Identify emerging trends and develop business strategies outlining strengths, missed opportunities, new opportunities and threats;
- Develop and implement a seasonal and core product mix that is balanced in regards to product details and demographic diversity, while encompassing a sound good/better/best strategy;
- Aligns product strategy with financial and profitability metrics.
- Collaborate with Creative Teams and Sourcing on the execution of identified merchandise strategies, ensuring that all creative meets the financial goals set forth by Category Planning;
- Collaborate with Category Planning Manager and category teams towards guiding category level strategies;
- Collaborate with Creative and Sourcing teams to value engineer items, as necessary;
- Review samples with team. Give final product approval based on aligned strategy and financial objectives;
- Ensure all contracts are in place, as applicable (i.e. Co-Brands). Guide contract approval.
- Communicate the strategic assortment direction to leadership, key cross-functional partners (Category Planning, Design, Creative, Sourcing, Location Planning, Visual Display, Global Partners, merchandise communication. Franchise & Brand Management, etc.);
- Provide Category Planning and Sourcing with final assortment plans and line lists with product details and target retails, while weighing the importance to the overall assortment;
- Present seasonal product strategies in the form of Implementation Sessions and/or Product Expos to Location and Global Partners. Partner with Location Planning and Visual Presentation Teams on adjacency and presentation needs. Initiate IFP requests specific to category needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Buying, Merchandising and/or Product Development;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Outstanding organization skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and detail-oriented;
- Exhibit strong partnering skills
- Proven experience leading a team;
- Strong influencing abilities;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.