Network Operations Center Engineer
Shanghai, 020 - CNApply NowApply Later
Job ID 758629BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 10, 2020
Job Summary:The NOC Engineer works as the first level support, takes responsibility of ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance, and work closely together with team to achieve success. NOC engineers are required to ensure all assignments are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner.
- Be able to participate in a 24*7 rotation
- Manage and maintain monitoring systems of facilities, servers, systems and networks.
- Action any fault alarms received from monitoring tools, as the first level support.
- Monitor facility/network/server status and troubleshoot issues; Create and be assigned incident tickets or requests. Ability to take ownership of the task and delivery within service level agreements.
- Ensure requests and Incidents have timely updates based on SLA metrics
- Make the first attempt to resolve fault, and escalate to the second level support when they are unable to resolve it.
- Comply with established Standard Operating Procedures in response to system alerts and routine tasks with consistent accuracy.
- Carry out daily Data Center operations, control access in line with pre-defined rules, and do general housekeeping of the Data Centre.
- Update documentation to record changes to HW, configuration, data records and other resources
- Draft new and updated procedures as directed by senior engineers.
- Assist network/server engineers in collating, processing and presenting records and data.
- Configure network routers, switches, servers devices as per standard procedures or directed by network/server engineers.
- Supporting on general maintenance for DC critical facilities such as UPS, ATS, CRAH and Chiller, and Telco circuit technologies and related termination as per standard procedures or directed by facility engineers.
- Able to support on executing changes by tier 2 and Tier 3 engineers within SLA timeframes
- Must be able to convey technical information in a manner suitable to the audience
- Able to participate and coordinating troubleshooting related conference calls
- Managing partnering vendors during issues to ensure they are delivering to service level agreements. Deliverables would include escalating issues as required, scheduling checkpoints, providing data, facilitating system access and documenting all activities.
- Create or modify documentation, runbooks in response to new events and learnings
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2-year experience in an IT Support or similar role.
- Good network diagnostic skills.
- Basic knowledge storage technologies, Windows/Linux operation system, and basic Linux CLI skills.
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
- Must be able to get to Disney parks and resorts within 1½ hrs, during off hours (to be part of rotation).
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation.
- Ability to be an active and effective team member.
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science.
- CCNP / CCNA or equivalent certified, Additional certifications is a plus.
- Expertise in non-Cisco platforms, such as HP(H3C), Avaya, is a plus.
- Bilingual of English and Mandarin is required and Shanghainese dialect is preferred.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.