Already applied?View Dashboard
Operating Participants ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 587038BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 06, 2018
Job Summary:The Operating Participants team develops and implements strategies related to the 3rd party operating relationships within the Disney theme park, resort and Disney town. This function also develops and implements any other third party operational agreements for the resort.
Within the Shanghai Disney Resort Operating Participants team, the primary role of the Operating Participant Manager is to establish relationships and to execute and manage tenant agreements specifically with third party operators for Disney town and for other supporting resort facilities. The Operating Participants Manager will also be responsible for supporting the on-going servicing of these lease arrangements. The Operating Participants Manager is expected to initiate, develop and support sound strategic and financial analyses from current tenant performance analyses, industry and consumer insights research and by partnering with internal lines of business within the Shanghai Disney Resort to develop actionable recommendations to Operating Participants and Shanghai Disney Resort executive management. The Operating Participants Manager will report directly to the Director, Operating Participants at Shanghai Disney Resort but will also partner closely with Disney’s Operating Participant team in the US.
Responsibilities:We are seeking candidates with accomplished professional experience and demonstrated leadership, real estate development and operational skills to fill the position of Operating Participants Manager, with specific expertise working with retail operators in China.
The Operating Participant Manager should be able to demonstrate experience doing the following:
- Research & Development: Monitoring industry activity, conducting trend analysis and maintaining an active database of prospective F&B and retail tenants by major categories, (i.e., Apparel, Accessories, Footwear, etc.).
- Analytics & Due Diligence: Providing financial and lease valuation models; conducting tenant and deal due diligence; offering creative business solutions
- Business Development & Lease Execution: Approaching potential tenants according to tenanting strategy, negotiating new letters of intent (LOIs) and leases (and potentially renewal of existing leases); negotiating service agreements and package plans;
- Lease Management: Act as contractor administrator by overseeing approvals, adherence to Shanghai Disney Resort standards, and ensuring routine audits are conducted; acting as owner’s representative on construction and tenant improvement projects; assisting with the development and implementation of global qualitative measures and processes.
- Analysis and Business Plan: closely monitor Disneytown business performance, provide analysis report and recommendations to maximize tenant utilization of assets; assist in forecasting and budgeting tenant revenues and project expenses.
- Guest/Client Satisfaction: Nurture business relationships at the corporate executive and local levels; developing, driving and managing Operating Participants; providing guidance and support to Shanghai Disney Resort Leadership.
- 5 – 8 years of relevant work experience in leasing, asset management, real estate development, operations or other related field in China
- Knowledge of retail industry, development, and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field
- Strong negotiation skills, and experienced with contractual signing
- Strong financial analytical skills, able to read behind data, strategic thinking
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader/negotiator/partner/collaborator/influencer
- Ability to develop practical business solutions, to forecast trends and to deliver results
- Ability to scope, create and analyze financial and valuation models
- Detailed knowledge of Chinese retail markets and Chinese business practices
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task work flows
- Refined bilingual written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite
- Bi-lingual: English / Mandarin
- Experience working in multinational corporate environments
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of theme park, branded consumer product, and/or media entertainment businesses
- Strong secondary research skills with knowledge of business and industry research resources
- Proven track record with project management tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Disney products, service lines and processes as well as an understanding of Disney brand drivers and attributes
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.