Already applied?View Dashboard
Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Operations SupervisorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543621BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Disney English Date posted Jan. 25, 2019
Job Summary:Disney English Operations Supervisors (OS) function as the supervisor and leader of the Operations team within a center; made up of the Front Desk Administrators (FDA), the Clubhouse Administrators (CHA), external cleaning staff and, where applicable, security guards. As the frontline Cast members, the Operations group is key to creating the Disney English experience for learners, parents and fellow Castmembers in our Disney English centers.
Develop and maintain a guest-focused team anchored around the 4 keys standard for Disney service and experience: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency. Create a positive, collaborative and service-focused work environment. Ensure center service, safety, operational, financial and accounting standards are met. Extend administrative support to Center manager including recruitment. Support marketing activities to enhance center branding awareness and business development.
- Ensure FDAs, CHAs, cleaning staff and security guards understand and follow 4 key standards of Disney service and experience.
- Ensuring FDAs, CHAs, cleaning staff and security guards understand and follow all Disney English policies and procedures. Ensure training and development needs of their team are being met.
- Provide team members with on-going subject-specific training related to service and product enhancements/additions.
- Hold weekly team meetings with FDAs and CHAs to ensure the team is aware of up-coming activities and clear on priorities.
- Assist Center Manager with administrative duties, such as recruitment.
Support Center Marketing activities
- Support Marketing promotional materials readiness and supplies management
- Support Center Manager to coordinate center events such as event reservation
- Assist information collection including leads generation, market research, partner’s visits, etc.
- Support marketing activities success including necessary visits, appropriate communications with companies, communities, compounds, neighborhoods where the center locates, etc.
Service and Operational Standards
- Ensure learner, guest and cast safety and security in the reception area and clubhouse, managing and updating Emergency Response Plan (ERP), and leading center regular safety drills
- Ensure operation team give all guests (including learners, guardians, cast members, visitors) a warm and friendly greeting in person, or over the phone, and deliver a warm and friendly farewell to all guests (including learners, guardians, cast members and visitors) when they depart.
- Ensure operation team use L.A.S.T. (Listen, Acknowledge, Solve and Thank and follow up) approach when handling guest questions, feedback and other inquiries.
- Understand and follow all relevant business Standard Operating Procedures and Policies (SOPs).
- Assist Center Manager with parent service recovery in a proactive and proper way.
- Ensure daily center opening and closing checklists are completed and any gaps identified are addressed in a timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly center required checks
- Ensure submission of any maintenance requests, scheduling regular maintenance work in line with the regional calendar to prevent operational impact and verify quality of work done.
- Internal and external supplies and materials ordering and logistics; managing center stock, placing orders from warehouse/vendors and confirming successful delivery.
- Assist in new Castmember on-boarding: ordering business cards, costume, and others.
- Ensure seasonal holiday decorations are produced, put up and taken down in a timely manner and in-line with company guidelines.
- Responsible for filing account requests and updating existing records for all staff-related systems: time clock, mailing lists, employee records, system accounts.
- Center-level main point of contact for IT team related to systems and functions related to Operations. - Other tasks as assigned by Center Manager
Financial and Controllership Processes
- Responsible for preparation, completeness and timely submission of regular reports and documentation (weekly, monthly and quarterly) related to business controllership requirements.
- Collect tuition fee and deposit from customer and issue receipt/invoice to customer. - Refund customer tuition fee and customer deposit.
- Bank deposit and cash on hand management.
- Petty cash management and staff reimbursement.
- Ensure related payment/refund and learner information is up to date and accurate in the CRM system. - Daily/ Monthly cash reconciliation and cash flow report.
- Custodian of bank draft, receipt and Fapiao.
- Tax affairs related tasks.
- Experience with and passionate about working with children.
- Strong sense of customer service. High level of personal integrity and credibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and can accept flexible working time including weekends and evenings. - Service industry (or related) administrative experience.
- Very Strong computer skills, especially in MS Office.
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later