Paralegal AntipiracyApply NowApply Later Job ID 775961BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
The purpose of this position is to provide paralegal assistance for Physical Antipiracy operations, mainly but not exclusively in China and various other Asian markets.
- Conduct research over the internet and via other channels;
- Foster and maintain good working relationship with counterparts of Chinese e-commerce platforms and drive actions by such platforms to take down offerings of unauthorized Disney products;
- Support Antipiracy Counsel in managing the files and databases in relation to Disney’s antipiracy activities in the markets;
- Provide assistance to Antipiracy Counsel in managing outside counsels in relation to Disney’s antipiracy enforcement in the markets;
- Assist Antipiracy Counsel in Disney’s communication with government authorities in relation to Disney’s antipiracy enforcement in the markets and interact with government officers on daily work matters independently; and
- Collaborate with internal clients and other functions of the Company for support needed for antipiracy enforcement actions.
- Graduate or post graduate of Law School; or
- Graduate with English Language degree, with experience in IPR enforcement related projects.
- Experience in reputable law firm, IP agency or multinational companies will be an advantage. IP relevant experience in China preferred.
- knowledge of fundamentals of IP laws;
- Knowledge about IPR enforcement practice in the PRC;
- Familiar with the legal services/practices and the standards of such services/practices of multinational companies.
- Able to handle IPR enforcement related queries from government authorities (such as PSB, AIC / AMR and Customs) and other outside stakeholders, under Antipiracy Counsel’s supervision;
- Ability to manage the IP related files and multiple software-based databases on a daily basis;
- Able to draft legal documents and memos with guidance of Antipiracy Counsel;
- Independently build and maintain working relationship both internally and externally; and
- Good time management skill.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Mandarin.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.