ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 777956BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
- Support Greater China Legal team with preparation and review of:
- dual language (English and Chinese) contracts and legal documents; and
- dual language (English and Chinese) business correspondence.
- Prepare and revise agreements, forms and templates for IP licensing as well as their marketing and promotion.
- Filing and administration tasks including preparation and collection of documents under instructions from the Greater China Legal team.
- Legal research and analysis.
- Translation services from time to time.
- Respond to routine enquiries from other internal functions such as trademark, finance, tax & marketing colleagues.
- Contract administration and chop management tasks including arranging execution, chopping, filing and distribution of approved contracts, forms, certificates and other legal documents to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Legal billing administration including internal coordination and liaising with law firms’ billing departments.
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by the China Legal Affairs team.
- University graduate
- Candidates with a degree in Laws are preferred
- Candidates with a legal qualification are preferred
- Prior Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience as a paralegal or contract administrator in a law firm or corporate legal department
- English-Chinese translation experience including preparation and review of bilingual documentation
- Computer proficiency and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Key Competencies
- Systematic, punctual and hardworking
- Fluency in English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality
- Independent, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle simultaneous functions
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.