Already applied?View Dashboard
PR ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 642075BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Job Summary:This position will support the External Communications function of the Public Affairs team at Shanghai Disney Resort. The position will play a key role in driving positive coverage and engagement of Shanghai Disney Resort product and delivering credible independent third-party endorsement of the experience and brand. In addition, this position will have responsibility for content generation and publishing for media and consumer audiences, as well as management of annual PR plans that support External Communication goals.
- Develop and implement the strategic public relations plans that tell our story, and to support business objectives.
- Work with the team to execute the resort’s external communications strategies, processes and vehicles that support the business objectives of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Develop and implement a holistic strategy of media relations and directly engaging journalists and social media influencers on a regular basis.
- Develop the seasonal PR communications strategies and oversee execution of an integrated plan including media relations, social media, product promotions aligned to the business strategy and the business priorities of the resort’s lines of business.
- As part of the team to host media events such as press conferences, media roundtables, media tours, interviews and etc.
- Create compelling assets required including press releases, press packs, features and other assets to support of communications strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Affairs, Journalism, Communications or other relevant areas.
- Minimum of 8 years of media relations experience in Mainland China with multinational corporations or agencies.
- Good knowledge of the media, social and key opinion leader landscape; and Keen relationship builder with solid media relations in China
- Demonstrated creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concern.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Disciplined organizational skills in all aspects of job performance with strong attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural environment.
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.