Procurement ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 775165BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 16, 2021
The Procurement manager will lead optimization of the order process, meanwhile support team members to solve daily problems, including but not limited to purchase requests from different Lines of Business, purchase order changes, inventory, cost updates, and expediting as required in the SAP, and manage online application procedure of e-forms Purchase Requisition and Goods Receipt process.
The Shanghai Disney Resort Procurement manager will directly report to Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and Supply Chain, and dotted-line report to Senior Manager, The Walt Disney Company’s North Asia Procure to facilitate global procurement process synergy.
- You will lead a team with 5-7 team members who are focal points of contact for Procure to Pay process for responsible Lines of Business (except Facility Operation Service and Entertainment) for their purchasing requests;
- You will be responsible for delivering daily process training to request initiators and casual buyers of system users, as well as additional training for non-system users to support day-to-day operations of Lines of Business;
- You will need to follow Shanghai Disney Resort procurement policies and guidelines and align with Lines of Business, including but not limited to Strategic Sourcing, Adversary & Assurance, Account Payable, Tax, etc.;
- You will have to lead the team to track and clear block invoices from posting via communication with requestors to clear aging purchase orders with certain scenario via communicating with stakeholders;
- You will have to lead team to manage vendors, including purchase order delivery, invoices, payment and relative inquiries, you will work out scorecard and align it with sourcing managers to drive vendor relationship management;
- You will have to lead team to review the procurement contents and rules of Lines of Business, and seek the feasibility to establish the product catalog with the goal of improving the efficiency of order process;
- You will have to review the buying behavior of Lines of Business and identify the product catalog or content in order to simplify the procurement process and improve the efficiency of operations of procurement;
- You will be responsible for driving the optimization of the order pay process and continuous process improvement, supporting the development of purchasing guides and handbooks or other tools to facilitate the procurement of goods and services for Lines of Business;
- You will be responsible for the continuously development, improvement and integration of applicable systems functionalities related to purchasing, such as electronic form for purchase request and goods receipt. You will promote the maximum use of electronic form, improve the procurement process to achieve the purpose of increasing efficiency;
- You will be responsible for managing duties of the dedicated professional buyers from Share Service Center of Walt Disney Company in Shanghai Disney Resort, mainly reflected in keeping communicating with Walt Disney Imagineering for construction works and playing the liaison role between Sourcing & Procurement and Walt Disney Imagineering finance team.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level, and with 5+ years of experience in procuring goods and/or services;
- 2+ years of experience in sourcing and procurement, and team management experience in a multinational company;
- Has the ability to lead, manage and develop professional talents and motivate team to achieve good performance;
- With experience in interacting with Accounts Payable team;
- Good at cost or data analysis and focus on customer service;
- With strong written and communication skills and ability to adapt to complex and diversified Lines of Business in a multinational company;
- Possess problem-solving skill and critical thinking skill;
- With solid system knowledge of SAP system, experienced in using SAP or other ERP systems is a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Fluent English and Mandarin in both speaking and writing.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.