Already applied?View Dashboard
ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 508816BR Location Shanghai Municipality, China Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Dec. 07, 2017
Job Summary:Key Responsibilities:
- Develop concepts for new games that leverage Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars brands across major platforms such as mobile, PC, console, and AR/VR.
- Develop detailed, forward thinking strategies for new content & game feature implementation, in game events etc. in order to keep the service fresh & maximize product lifespan.
- Drive game production and ensure the delivery of a high quality product on time and within budget.
- Work with the creative center of production team. Communicate the title vision to the development team, and help ensure the product leverages the ideas and resources of the larger organization.
- Provide ongoing project management, programming and operation of in-game events, content releases, and new functionality in order to sustain product popularity post launch.
- As part of daily operations, follow closely all relevant KPIs in order to insure the game’s financial success (DAUs, Retention Rates, ARPPU, ARPDAU, Conversion Rates etc.)
- Ensure contingency plans are in place & and ensure effective risk management. Understand and communicate issues facing various types of game play, artistic and technical considerations, and the ability to forecast the ramifications of decisions made during the concept/pre-production phase.
- Be a great team player, this includes sharing people resources and ideas with your peer teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree and above.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Producer, able to manage large teams in the video/online/mobile game industry (Software Engineers, Artists, Designers, Audio Specialists, Project Managers, Associate Producers etc.).
- 3 years’ experience developing and executing game project management.
- Excellent written and verbal Chinese & English communication skills.
- Ability to know what types of products will sell and what won't sell and be able to assess the feasibility of producing a new product.
- Successful track record in the development of high profile entertainment and software products.
- Deep knowledge about China gaming markets; knowledge of the software/game market and platforms.
- Self-motivating, ability to deal with ambiguous and fast-paced working environment, and to work through challenging, multiple deadlines.
- Strong team player with solid work ethic; willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- Results oriented, take responsibilities and desire to win.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.