Recreation ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 773590BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 28, 2021
- You will oversee the day to day operations of a resort recreation area and ensure the safe delivery of a seamless guest experience at all aquatic facilities, resort recreation activities and all recreation venues.;
- You will establish effective processes to ensure delivery of objectives for safety goals, water quality management, and recreation experience;
- You will ensure the aquatic facilities meets or exceeds state and local standards and codes for aquatic facilities and others;
- You will ensure compliance for self and for leadership team to all safety-related training and first-aid training;
- You will oversee the response to multi-tiered performance safety and regulatory audits;
- You will be responsible for operational business decisions and understand when to empower relative Cast Members;
- You will develop and transfer knowledge and skills to relative Cast Members;
- You will develop and lead the execution of processes and procedures to exceed guest expectations and to deliver consistent high quality guest service;
- You will ensure target metrics and any legal and regulatory requirements are met;
- You will manage the financial performance of departmental expenses by ensuring on-going metrics such as labor, overtime, cost of sales, and other expense meet the annual operating plan;
- You will assist with the preparation of the annual operating plan, 5-year plan, and capital planning;
- You will set model and ensure effective communication and promote positive relationships within and across Lines of Business, peers, and vendors to achieve a successful day-to-day operation;
- You will coordinate and execute local projects, monitor operational impact, readiness and schedules;
- You will be responsible to resolve guest concerns regarding the experiences at hotels, theme park or other areas on Disney property.
- Experience in pool and gym management, complete and maintain Lifeguard and Aquatic Facilities Operator certification is a plus;
- Ability to be the first responder or an on-scene commander to ensure safe practices is consistently executed;
- Ability to operate equipment, lifeguard training, certified pool operator, hazmat, project management, financial planning and proven accountability to drive results;
- Possess strong communication skills, problem solving skills, able to interact and lead all levels of Cast Members and leaders in multiple businesses, demonstrated ability to handle high stress situations;
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities, holding self and others accountable;
- Demonstrated strong business planning skills, organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to strong negotiation, influencing, problem solving, as well as continuous improvement process skills;
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Demonstrated strong writing, verbal communication and presentation skill;
- Demonstrated financial awareness of budget and daily labor costs;
- Knowledge of industry trends and practical business application.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.