Shanghai, 020 - CNApply NowApply Later
Job ID 766949BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 15, 2020
Job Summary:This position is for an experienced project manager or software engineer who is eager to play an integral role in the Change and Release Management team of Shanghai Disney Resort. Primary responsibilities include coordinating release execution, planning the upcoming release, associated reviews, approvals, and other scheduled impacts to the various environments. Coordinating with multiple development teams, projects, and infrastructure teams to ensure smooth integration of releases and components into both testing and production environments. Review proposed release requests for accuracy and completeness, interfacing with multiple development teams to ensure adherence to policies, accurate risk analysis, documentation, and communications of release events. Change and Release Management monitors all environment changes and releases of those changes into the production environment to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of this process.
You must have a solid background in managing IT projects using a variety of tools as well as standardized management processes used in the IT industry. You must have a good general knowledge of every aspect of the software development life cycle, various applicable operating systems and software applications, or platforms, as well as various business functions and perspectives. You must understand the technical infrastructure behind modern Web sites and other traditional infrastructures used to support large-scale reservation and e-commerce systems.
- Coordinating release activities: executes day-to-day maintenance tasks, communicating, planning, risk analysis, and documentation for all release events in multiple environments
- Review changes for impacts to other system components: collaborates with technical operations (infrastructure), engineering and application teams as well as both internal and external partners to understand and identify impact between systems and their components
- Schedule and facilitate reviews with teams and leadership: attend, plan, and execute various meetings and reviews with multiple groups to ensure a common understanding of releases and approvals to implement
- Standards and best Practices: participates in the development of best practices including change management, release management, validation and testing, and knowledge management
- Process: participates in the continual refinement of processes and policies to ensure the highest possible performance and availability of our systems
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent major in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- Typically has 5 or more years’ experience with relevant internet technologies and with implementation, development, or testing experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in release management or project management role
- Have knowledge or hold certifications in ITIL standards or other IT best practices
- Experience with source code management tools – CVS, Perforce, and Subversion, Github
- Experience with various development support tools – Wiki, JIRA, and Crucible
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead the development implementation of new processes in a technical environment.
- Ability to work in cross-departmental teams and to interact effectively with other members of the organization
- Strong oral, written communication skills
- Ability to communicate to varying levels of technical understanding
- Good team player, able to drive resolution of technical issues
- Ability to work flexibly to accommodate the release time window
- Release management or other IT management position, leading technical teams, planning, risk and impact analysis
- Development and implementation of IT standards and best practices
- Windows and UNIX/LINUX experience, administration or development, files systems, storage devices, and other infrastructure-related
- Knowledge of Web (IIS, Apache) and Java applications (Tomcat, JBoss, etc) server expertise
- Understanding of network structures and common components used in wide-area networking
- Understanding of basic internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSL, HTML, XML
- Understanding of infrastructure in high availability systems such as clustering in a multi-datacenter environment
- Understanding of content management systems and publishing systems
- Understanding of network hardware with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, servers and desktops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when working with technical groups
- Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans, and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
- Ability to work within formal processes that assures a quality product and operational integrity
- Lead retrospective meeting to collect the lesson learned of each release and share the knowledge (like a checklist, troubleshooting tips, etc.) among different teams to prevent recurring of the same issue
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.