Already applied?View Dashboard
Revenue Management & Pricing ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 646610BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 14, 2019
Job Summary:As a team leader, you are responsible for developing the revenue strategies and tactics in partnership with your counterparts in Sales, Marketing, CI, Operations, in order to maximize revenues and profitability. The primary areas include theme park, hotels & theatre, and other ad-hoc analysis.
- Drive Revenue Management and Pricing strategies in order to ensure optimal profitability from Park, Hotels, Theatre by using dedicated software, developing models and collaborating with partners
- Identify gaps between actual and expected sales pace and proactively inform respective teams to ensure necessary measures are taken to mitigate any risk against Annual Operating Plan
- Develop accurate measurement methodologies to assess performance on a regular basis, based on key performance metrics
- Challenge the status quo by always questioning the past and improve tools and methodologies
- Collaborate closely with partners, especially Marketing & Sales to ensure efficient products development and follow-up
- Present recommendation to senior leadership and influence the decisions with strong proven analysis and insights
- Lead the Short Term Delivery team by providing guidance, management and leadership on a daily basis. Ensure growth and develop career paths for the Cast Members
- Build succession plan by developing effective processes, structure and tools
- Share best practices with other Walt Disney Parks and Resorts destinations worldwide
- MBA or other Master’s degree with minimum 10 years’ work experience in business related field, such as pricing, revenue management, forecasting, economics, business planning, statistics, business intelligence, or operations management and at least 3 years’ managerial position experience
- Solid business acumen & industry knowledge in China leisure tourism and entertainment
- Enthusiasm for the theme park and entertainment industries
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with substantial hands-on experience in conducting sophisticated business analysis
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment
- Ability to work in a project team-oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to communicate up and down the organizational structure (up to Top Management) to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Demonstrated partnering, relationship-building, influencing
- Get along with fellow team members and work as a team
- Ability to lead, manage, and develop professional talents
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn (including new tools)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with knowledge of Property Management/Revenue Management software (e.g. Opera, IDeaS, Galaxy) and statistical systems (e.g. SAS) with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
Additional Information:* We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities.
* Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy.
* Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.