Senior Analyst, Revenue Management & Pricing (Merchandise)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 724031BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 11, 2019
- Uncover meaningful business and operational insights and identify opportunities to drive the Merchandise line of business
- Own the delivery of timely reporting to line of business partners and executive leadership including and not limited to, weekly business reporting, ad-hoc analyses and deep-dive investigations
- Manage the day-to-day tempo of pricing for new and refreshed Merchandise offerings. Proactively work on continuous improvement to optimize the pricing process, e.g. through guidelines, processes, and tools
- Use the scientific method to develop and test strategies to increase revenue and profitability
- Develop revenue forecasts and planning for relevant line of business promotions, investments and other initiatives
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan and Long Term Plans for the Merchandise line of business.
- Passion to make an impact in the way our guests “take home the magic”
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years work experience in business analytics or related field, such as pricing, revenue management, finance, industrial engineering, operations management, and business planning
- Open-mindedness, with a high willingness to learn new skills and explore different points of view; Curiosity to learn about the line of business, responsibilities of different stakeholders, and about the retail industry in general
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics, development of clear and logical methodologies, and actionable conclusions. Familiarity with structured problem solving methodologies such as issue trees, Minto decision making pyramid, and hypothesis testing is a plus
- Ability to develop financial, mathematical or statistical models in Excel is a must. Additional experience in technical data tools: SQL, R, SAS, SPSS is a plus.
- The ability to craft effective and persuasive communications to all levels of the organization, i.e., emails, decks, visualizations and presentations
- The willingness to speak up and provide logical support for your point of view
- A high level of personal accountability for timeliness, work quality and integrity
- Fluent in English
- Prior pricing experience is a plus
- Retail experience is a plus
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later