Senior AttorneyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753287BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 12, 2020
- Report to a team leader in the transactional practice area as a member of the in-house legal team of Shanghai Disney Resort
- Draft and review contracts, memoranda, correspondence and other legal documents
- Advice regarding regulatory and other legal compliance issues
- Liaise and coordinate with lawyers and business people at Disney, Shendi and various third parties
- Educate internal clients regarding a broad range of contractual and legal issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and in Mandarin and English, with legal and business personnel of different levels of seniority and background
- Provide legal support to different lines of business by advising on a broad range of legal issues including, in particular, corporate/commercial, finance, marketing, sales, entertainment and public affairs, and such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the team leader or the Head of Legal
- Qualified to practice law in the People’s Republic of China with a minimum of 5 years of Post Qualified Experience working as a lawyer, preferably in an international law firm or a multi-national enterprise
- Solid experience in, and knowledge of, one or more of the following areas: corporate/commercial, finance, marketing, sales, entertainment and public affairs
- Strong academic background with good commercial sense and analytical skills
- Proficient English and Mandarin language ability with excellent drafting (particularly legal drafting and writing), speaking, reading and negotiating skills in both English and Chinese
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and good client relationship skills
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.