Senior Business System Analyst
Shanghai, 020 - CNApply NowApply Later
Job ID 767697BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Dec. 10, 2020
Job Summary:Technology is at the forefront of delivering the magic and enabling the unparalleled vacation experience that makes Walt Disney Parks & Resorts the most visited tourist destinations. The WDP&R Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience.
Senior Business System Analyst looks over different Information Technology projects of the Shanghai Disneyland Resort to support business functions and services. Senior Business System Analyst participant the full project life cycle of internal business applications, and also support system operation after applications go live. This position provides the ability to work with multiple internal clients and external vendors to help cultivate and grow their professional career.
WDP&R Technology seeks forward-thinking team members with accomplished professional experience who are passionate about delivering a quality product, desire to learn and grow, and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
- Actively participate in the delivery and coordination of multiple business system projects from initial requirements phase to final implementation.
- Manage system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Assist Delivery Manager to manage project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Manage software vendor(s).
- Work with Delivery Manager and Line of Business partners to ensure that project requirements are identified and deliverables are met, including system program, user experience, to-be process and design documentation.
- Facilitates testing environment and participates in testing applications.
- Facilitates training environment and conduct trainings for users if necessary.
- Available for periodic on-call duties which may include nights, weekends and national holidays.
- Assist in system change process to ensure integrity and stability of production systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience in IT application system implementation.
- Information Technology Project Management experience.
- Ability to write and understand SQL statements including select/insert/update/delete to do data analysis.
- Web application development skill is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to develop creative alternatives to resolving issues or complex problems.
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- Self-starter and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a project team oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact in a team environment and collaborate with team members internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Proficient in spoken and written Chinese and English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.