Senior CostumerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770418BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Dec. 22, 2020
- Manage, guide and develop a successful team of costumers that meets or exceeds the expectation of Partners/ Guests, ensuring a consistent quality of costume presentation as well as a high level of service
- Oversee budget planning, balance the creative, financial, operational, and safety requirement for daily operational shows / offerings
- Work closely with partners and workrooms to create new designs and ensure the realization process; from illustration renderings through approval, and continuing through the procurement process.
- Partner with event production team to deliver costumes within the specified time frame.
- Maintain the integrity of the approved costumes and looks through fittings, dress rehearsals and events.
- Prepare cost estimates for new product and lead efforts for annual costume production and replenishment planning.
- Lead a team of Costumers to successful project completion.
- Minimum five years of experience in Theatrical Costuming industry, with minimum three years of experience in a leadership role or equivalent.
- Proven organizational, planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership skills with strong partnering and communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of costuming roles in show creative and production process from brainstorming through opening
- Proven experience within a Windows environment with the ability to learn necessary systems to complete role
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Fluent in Mandarin, competent in English
- Bachelor degree in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.