Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior CostumerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 516294BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, China Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted 01/06/2018
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, featuring six lands, as well as two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district, a Broadway-style theatre, Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland is a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we continue to develop this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape. Provide planning and daily direction to the costumer team on the development and maintenance of costumes to support the SHDR Entertainment offering.Apply Now Apply Later
- Manage, guide and develop a successful team of costumers that meets or exceeds the expectation of Partners/ Guests, ensuring a consistent quality of costume presentation as well as a high level of service
- Oversee budget planning, balance the creative, financial, operational, and safety requirement for daily operational shows / offerings
- Work closely with partners and workrooms to create new designs and ensure the realization process; from illustration renderings through approval, and continuing through the procurement process.
- Partner with event production team to deliver costumes within the specified time frame.
- Maintain the integrity of the approved costumes and looks through fittings, dress rehearsals and events.
- Prepare cost estimates for new product and lead efforts for annual costume production and replenishment planning.
- Lead a team of Costumers to successful project completion.
- Minimum five years of experience in Theatrical Costuming industry, with minimum three years of experience in a leadership role or equivalent.
- Proven organizational, planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership skills with strong partnering and communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of costuming roles in show creative and production process from brainstorming through opening
- Proven experience within a Windows environment with the ability to learn necessary systems to complete role
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Fluent in Mandarin, competent in English
- Bachelor degree in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred