Senior Financial Analyst/Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 805218BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China; Mainland China Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 02, 2021
Responsibilities:Accountable for managing and driving improvements in processes, controls, systems and reporting that are necessary to support the financial planning, analysis and business insights for Disney’s Consumer Products and Publishing businesses.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts, budgets and long-term strategic plans
- Build and manage forecast models and tools for planning, consolidation and analysis
- Deliver revenue and expense forecast submissions through to multiple enterprise planning systems
- Manage monthly/quarterly close/accrual process and provide cause of change commentary and insights
- Support in the preparation of presentations and communications to senior management
- Help analyze trends and identify forecast risks and opportunities
- Provide ongoing decision support and insights to help evaluate commercial terms and new business opportunities
- Prepare monthly/quarterly business performance reporting and evaluate scenarios and outcomes
- Complete quarter-end close deliverables, partnering closely with Accounting Shared Services
- Drive improvements in management reporting, business insights and financial tracking
- Analyze business performance and identify, measure and communicate financial risks and opportunities
- Support cost savings initiatives and help track actual spend versus plan
- Drive financial system improvements, partnering closely with technology teams to enhance, upgrade and roll-out financial forecasting and reporting solutions
- Help ensure data integrity by updating data attributions and hierarchies and automating reports and queries
- Create new tools and processes to drive process efficiencies and forecast accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business
- 3-6 years’ work experience (>2 years FP&A experience)
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint (Power BI a plus)
- Experience with financial IT systems (SAP, Cognos, etc.)
- Experience with building financial models, automating processes, and creating/improving business insights and decision-making tools
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.