Senior Financial Analyst, Fixed Asset - Japanese SpeakerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735695BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
- Perform the analysis of complex project Accounting and Engineering source documents, invoices and purchase orders, interview project managers on the details of the capital initiatives
- Perform field work with project or operations manager and define asset segregation based on Corporate Policy, Business Practices. [Income Tax Recovery Periods and Jurisdiction’s Property Tax rules for US projects.
- documentation and training of new cast members
- Provide metrics for team KPI
- Lead meetings with management to address accounting/company policy guidance
- Understand technical/engineering aspects of assets to clarify or challenge associated costs
- Perform review of peer or lowered-tier staff work products
- Train/coach new/lowered-tier staff
- Prepare quarterly account reconciliations and CapEx reports – Complex
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Policies
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with BU management
- Number of years’ experience, Qualifications and People Management experience
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Japanese
- Reasonable understanding of China GAAP/US GAAP/IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- 5 years accounting experience, preferably with a large-scale, multi-national employer
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel(Formulas), MS PowerPoint and SAP knowledge is plus
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan work activities to use time effectively
- Strong attention to detail and able to manage to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted
- Willingness of sharing the knowledge and provide support to his/her peers
- A great sense of responsibility
- High level of integrity and positive attitude
- A great team player and coordinator, Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in negotiating, mentoring, influencing, organizational, planning and partnership skills
- Ability to analyze complex business/operational/technical data and develop innovative solutions
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Asia Pacific Shared Business Services (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.