Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Analyst, FP&AApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709960BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 29, 2019
- Act as the finance partner to Special Event business function, support Special Event business by providing financial and business analysis. Primary responsibilities include:
- Financial Analysis: Independently in charge of Pro-Forma Financial review to follow up business requests from Lines-of-Business (LOB) on Special Event projects, and to present to senior management for financial detail including business rationale and financial analysis result driven by financial model with appropriate assumptions
- Business Support: coordinate cross-functional projects, negotiate key business deals, ensure the achievement of cost efficiency and profit target; Work with LOBs and Operations Finance to have effective budget control and monitoring of the Special Events
- Budget & Forecast: Support and consolidate Monthly Forecast, Annual Operations Plan and Long Term Plan to ensure high quality on number accuracy and narratives
- Communication & Collaboration: timely communicate with stakeholders; present analysis to leaderships.
- Others: Facilitate Special Event related meeting inputs, if needed; Perform ad hoc analysis work and support for other business requirement
- Financial review on the key Construction/Project related reports, including:
- Evaluate, analyze and compare all internal/ external reports that contain the key WDI data elements and ensure the key project data elements feeding these reports are accurate and consistent
- Document process and report flows throughout the process in accordance with SOX requirement. Reinforce the effective communication between project and different departments
- MBA/Master’s degree and 3-4 years relevant MNC experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years relevant MNC experience, in analysis/consulting/strategy development related functions.
- Advanced proficiency in quantitative analysis, problem solving, and financial modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, be capable of illustrating and explaining the “story” from the data
- Strong sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a project team-oriented environment in a complex and diverse business unit of a multi-national company
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and with the ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and techniques
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
- Enthusiasm for Disney, the entertainment and travel industries
- With curiosity, eager to learn
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Finance/Business Mgt/Statistics/Economics or other relevant analytical business degree
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later