Senior Financial Analyst (Studio APAC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 763152BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 03, 2020
In collaboration with the rest of the Studio APAC Finance team as well as with local Studio teams, the position will actively contribute to financial and strategic support as part of the Company’s key processes (Five-year Plan, AOP, Forecast and quarterly accounting close). The position might be focusing on APAC consolidation and/or specific geography area support.
Financial and planning support will include understand local specificities, participating to building the P&L through all Finance processes and be responsible for all Finance deliverables to our India regional office, or to Burbank Studio Finance teams.
Responsibilities:Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist in the preparation and submission of quarterly Theatrical Forecasts for APAC territories (4 Forecasts per year, second month of each quarter per year), as well as mini-Forecasts (3 per year, first month of each quarter) – to internal stakeholders in Shanghai / Japan / India / Burbank. Contribution to the preparation of decks/presentations when required.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of the annual Theatrical Five-year Plan (every year), and annual Theatrical AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for APAC territories, and assist in follow-ups and additional analysis/requests from all internal stakeholders.
- The position might also provide Finance support to local initiatives when needed, at local Studio teams’ or at APAC Regional teams’ request.
- At each quarter close, in close partnership with our APAC Controllership center (ASC) and APAC Credit & Collections team, preparation and review of accruals related to the Theatrical business for APAC territories. Preparation of Cause of Change schedules (actuals vs Forecast) and related deliverables.
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and suitably tailored to the audience/stakeholders
- Assist in the APAC Studio consolidation for all financial processes and cycles
Projects and Other
- Participation to any project, presentation, analysis or data request related to Studio APAC businesses.
- Improve and create new tools, resources and processes to drive business process efficiencies, consistency and accuracy.
- Degree in Business or Finance/Accounting
- 3/4+ years working experience in related area, a mixed experience in Big 4 and multinational companies working experience is preferred
- Strong interest for Media & Entertainment industry, and theatrical distribution
- A real team member, with strong collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving, decision making and continuous process improvement skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel/PPT knowledge
- Experience working with SAP and Cognos Reporting a plus
- CPA or big four experience a plus
- Fluency in English
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.