Senior Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 768691BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
We are looking for a passionate finance professional; a team player who is commercially inquisitive, wants to influence business decision-making, and likes to innovate and drive process improvement.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly forecast, annual budget and long-term strategic planning
- Build and manage forecast models, analytics tools, and templates for forecast collection and analysis
- Deliver financial forecast submissions through to multiple enterprise planning systems
- Manage quarterly close/accrual process and provide variance explanations
- Support in the preparation of management reporting and presentations
- Drive and manage planning/reporting system improvements, partnering with IT to upgrade and enhance existing tools as well as create and deploy new productivity solutions
- Manage financial data hierarchies/attributes ensuring systems are aligned and reporting is accurate
- Create new tools, resources and processes to drive process efficiencies, consistency and accuracy
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports and submission schedules to Regional and Global Finance, coordinating with ASC (Accounting Shared Services)
- Closely monitor quarter-end and year-end closing deliverables, ensuring timely and accurate submission of templates
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and suitably tailored to the audience/stakeholders
- Manage and drive improvements in current management reporting
- Partner with commercial teams to develop models for assessing new business opportunities
- Analyze performance (tracking revenue & expenses regularly) and provide variance explanations and recommendations
- Support cost savings initiatives and track and report projected/actual
- Help to collect and consolidate ad hoc requests from commercial teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business from top university, CPA or ACCA a plus
- At least 3-4 years work experience and 2 years in FP&A function
- Very strong command of Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI a plus
- Experience with financial IT systems, SAP and Cognos a plus
- Experience with financial modelling, data analysis, management/dashboard reporting, template creation & consolidations
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.