Senior Manager, Brand Management, Great ChinaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738675BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 21, 2020
- Brand Development
- Brand Management
- Support and analyze Brand Equity Study, identify issues and opportunities, and provide recommendations for brand growth
- Support Marketing team to formulate and communicate brand strategies to support new initiatives such as growing new segments, new categories and new sales channels.
- Support and analyze Consumer Spend Study, create deep understanding of the connection between consumer behaviors and the financial drivers of our company
- Brand Stewardship
Support Marketing team in formulating and enforcing guidelines to ensure the following consumer touch points meet Disney standard: (1) advertising and promotions, (2) product execution / brand statement at retail, (3) new content
- Brand Training – Business partners & Cast members
- Promulgate brand knowledge throughout the company and key business partners.
- Develop brand training content and tools. Partner with Business Units/HR on implementing the brand training program. Systematically plan the roll-out in each market. Conduct training and evaluation
- Promotions Management
- Review advertising and promotions proposed by Business Units (BUs) and enforce promotion guidelines. Resolve issues
- Ensure compliance to the Project Notification System (PNS) and train new users
- Conduct quarterly assessments of promotions, collect best practices, and provide recommendations to BUs
- Identify areas where brand guidelines are needed to enhance execution
- Evaluate results (whenever possible) and communicate learnings regularly to Business Units and strategic alliances; include global best practices
- Product Execution and New Content
- Provide brand perspective on new product concepts and new content
Basic Qualifications:We seek a self-motivated candidate with at least 8 years marketing experience.
Given the visibility of this position within the Disney organization and interaction with senior levels of management, it is imperative that the successful candidate must have excellent:
- Understanding of Disney, or previous experience in brand development and stewardship in other similar companies
- Analytical skills (be able to make sound recommendations based on an integrated understanding of different business units, market trend, and consumer insights). Command of SPSS software will be a plus
- Problem solving abilities (be able to resolve issues, and communicate solutions effectively to individual functions)
- Interpersonal skills (a team player; diplomatic, be able to influence decision makers from other functions)
- Presentation skills (persuasive, credible, creative)
- Adaptability (demonstrate maturity and flexibility while being committed to achieve results)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Professionalism and integrity
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.