Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Consumer InsightApply Now Apply Later Job ID 565250BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 12, 2018
Job Summary:This critical position will support Shanghai Disney Resort in understanding its consumers and optimizing its guest experience. It helps the company to be more consumer-centric and data-driven in its decision making. The job itself is challenging but fulfilling and fun. You will lead a team of researchers, work closely with cross-functional team, and deliver a stream of consumer insights that will inspire our strategy and the plans moving forward!
- Lead two critical teams to ensure the delivery of high quality and timely research data
- Field team, including several Guest Research Managers and a team of interviewers
- Tech team, including several tech specialists in SAS, ConfirmIT, Tableau, and other hardware and software experts
- Explore new research capabilities and suppliers across sites and externally
- Establish Online Research Community for a new dimension of insights
- Establish End-to-end Research Project Management System for better effectiveness and efficiency
- Manage all phases of the market research process for Cast and Corporate Alliance related areas – identify business needs, design research (desktop, qualitative, quantitative), manage research projects, analyze data and turn into insights, report and present insights to stakeholders, impact business top and bottom line, and improve Cast experience.
- People manager and team player
- Hire, coach, develop, inspire, and retain talent in his/her team
- Build, reinforce, and sustain a culture of happiness, fun, professionalism, attention to details, continued learning, openness, seamless collaboration, respect, consumer-centric, and innovation
- Build and sustain a productive working relationship and great collaboration with internal and external partners; rally people around
- Around 8-12 years of experience in marketing research
- Bachelor's degree or above. Prefer background of psychology, statistics, math, science, business, and analytics
- Extensive experience in data collection and processing
- Experience of managing a sizable team of more than 10 people
- In-depth knowledge of research supplier network
- Familiar with new/emerging capabilities
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research is a plus
- Balanced experience of working in China and outside of China is a plus
- Written and verbal fluency in Mandarin and English, capable of working with an international management team
- A Critical Thinker
- The ability to sort through complex situation and pinpoint the key issue
- The ability to simplify – make problems clear and concise, given consideration to context and big picture
- The ability to pay attention to critical details
- An excellent listener and communicator
- A great story teller- organize thoughts clearly and express in an engaging and insightful way
- Deliver the essence of story in a very short time
- Proven Record
- Ability to elaborate insights to impact/influence business
- Demonstrated confidence to present in front of senior management
- Ability to grow and lead a sizeable team
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate seamlessly with business partners internally and externally
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.