Senior Manager, Content Planning & Analysis, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 852066BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 29, 2021
- Generate insights, conduct analysis, and form strategic recommendations to help leaders making strategic and content/programming related decisions
- Provide the organization with deep and ongoing understanding/analyses of content market trends, audience preference, and competitive analysis
- Work with DTC, content, finance and legal teams to support/facilitate the local/regional content assessment/approval process
- Develop metrics to track performance of local/regional content
- Identify opportunities to optimize and maximize content/programming strategy
- Support the formation of the overall APAC strategy and other strategic value-added analyses around business needs
- Explore, analyze and synthesize content consumption data, product data, and market research in order to develop actionable recommendations for the business
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior level executives
- Manage related data visualization and reporting dashboards
Basic Qualifications:o 8+ years of experience, at least 6 years in top tier management consulting, corporate strategy or business development related functions, preferably in a media/entertainment or digital sector
o Strong problem solving, analytical and numerical skills. Ability to develop strategies by extracting insights from a diverse portfolio of data sources
o Passion for all forms of content, and foundational knowledge of the streaming landscape in APAC
o Advanced data literacy. Experience analyzing large datasets using SQL and Tableau or other BI and/or data visualization tools preferred
o Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior management and x-lob teams in a professional and engaging fashion
o Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects and manage expectations of stakeholders
o Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
o Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive working in an extremely fast-paced environment
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications/Education:
- MBA (3+ year post MBA experience) from a top business school and/or quantitative oriented masters preferred
- International experience preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.