Senior Manager, Franchise MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738674BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
The principal role of the Sr. Manager includes planning the strategies for the responsible brand and franchise, as well as to develop and implement specific marketing programs and events. This requires working closely with all the Business Units and other corporate functions, as well as agencies, while keeping abreast of the market landscape and development.
- Be a strategic visionary to drive long-term growth of the Walt Disney Company Brand through the individual content franchises within TWDC’s large and diverse IP portfolio (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, National Geography, etc).
- Lead development and implementation of the integrated marketing plans to build awareness, familiarity and affinity of responsible brands and franchises, as well as measure effectiveness of the marketing programs
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive synergy, marketing and consumer messaging for responsible brands and franchises, including studio marketing team, digital marketing team, corporate communications, consumer research, and DPEP business teams, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management or related field in top university
- Experience working with or for multiple divisions of a major entertainment company.
- Experience working in diverse international emerging territories
- 8+ years experiences in marketing, brand development, promotions or sales for multi-national fortune 100 companies.
- A mature, self-motivated manager who is also able to successfully implement multiple initiatives, driving results for the company.
- A strong “partnership” mentality in working with others. Experience in driving results through consensus building, team work, and identifying common goals. Demonstrated success in building relationships across all levels of an organization (Executive through Managerial).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in writing and executing multiple-year strategic plans.
- Proved track record of building new brands and leading growth of existing brands.
- Analytical skills: able to provide sound recommendations based on good understanding of different Business Units’ needs, China market situation, trends and consumer insights
- Professionalism and integrity, a team player, perform well under pressure
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.