Senior Manager, Government AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 782568BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Apr. 09, 2021
As a senior manager of the Government Affairs Team, you must be knowledgeable about overall China’s politics, economy, policy, social landscape, and the priorities and needs of government and community. You will need to effectively develop and manage internal and external relationships and identify and seize business opportunities. This position will need to evaluate current government efforts, strategize creative and efficient elements, and initiate programs or activities that could better serve Shanghai Disney Resort’s business needs and government priorities.
The position will also work closely with The Walt Disney Company Government Affairs team to enhance partnership with key government stakeholders, especially at municipal, regional and central government levels, by leveraging strong Disney brand awareness and global executives’ engagement activities.
- You will develop Government Affairs ’s general long term strategy and execution plans that will support Shanghai Disney Resort’s business growth and smooth operation;
- You will closely monitor evolving operating environment and trend, provide timely information for business decisions, identify and analyze issues, and take preemptive actions to promote a favorable business environment;
- You will evaluate and analyze government stakeholder perceptions of relevance to the Resort and develop key messages to communicate and influence;
- You will confirm key channels for engagement and advocacy, including but not limited to direct engagement, third party engagement (Key opinion leader, industry associations, etc.), foreign diplomatic missions and business chambers, media (in conjunction with Communications team), and public-private partnership initiatives (in conjunction with Citizenship and Community Relations team);
- You will create and coordinate engagement for Shanghai Disney Resort executives to maximize Resort’s influence as a trustful partner and industry leader;
- You will proactively explore and identify potential business opportunities through regular landscape monitoring and communications with key stakeholders and initiate partnership programs and projects to drive incremental businesses and visits to Shanghai Disney Resort. You will act as a project leader to follow through the partnership process till generating business results;
- You will provide predictive and analytical counsel on key issues and intelligence influencing public policy and SHDR development and operations, and be available to provide regular briefings and training
- You will participate as a key member of crisis management and leadership in government engagement, and support related Lines of Business solve operation related issues and challenges;
- You will support the development and maintenance of relationships between Shanghai Disney Resort and its partners, including the Shanghai Municipal Government, Pudong New District Government, Administration Commission, and Shendi Group;
- You will work with The Walt Disney Company’s Government Affairs team to develop and maintain relationships with Shanghai Municipal governments and quasi-government entities in Zhejiang, Jiangsu, and Anhui with a focus on foreign trade, culture, and tourism;
- You will develop and maintain excellent relationships with American diplomatic missions in China, notably the US Embassy in Beijing and the US Consulate General in Shanghai;
- You will support executive visits and key milestone events through effective leadership and management of related government programs, including program development support, briefing material, protocol, etc.;
- You will provide advice across Lines of Business to ensure governmental aspects of proposals and initiatives are properly understood, assessed, and consistently handled;
- You will participate as an active member of the business community in activities and initiatives including participation and leadership of business chambers, industry associations, etc.;
- You will develop and lead the Government Affairs team to achieve the overall objectives;
- An MBA, BA, or BS degree in International Relations, Public Affairs, Public Policy or Journalism;
- At least 10 years of professional work experience in government relations, regulatory affairs, or public affairs for a multinational company, government agency, or NGO in China;
- Possess excellent leadership and team management experience and have extensive experience in strategic planning, analysis, and implementation;
- Extensive knowledge of Chinese government structure, functions, and legislative processes at central, regional, and local levels;
- Determined diffuse skills, creative problem solving, and conflict management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills in English and Mandarin;
- Ability to generate significant accomplishments with minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to partner, develop and maintain positive, professional working relationships both internally and externally;
- An outgoing attitude and ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- Capable of demonstrating business savvy to link government functions to overall company objectives;
- Strong understanding of Disney culture and image and Lines of Business;
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategies, and lead a team to implement successful project outcomes.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.