Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 565248BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jul. 12, 2018
Job Summary:Senior Manager, Marketing will lead the development of integrated marketing strategies and plans based on consumer insight and business needs, in order to strengthen consumer affinity and achieve planned visitation as well as revenue goals for Shanghai Disney Resort. This role will exhibit strong strategic thinking, business writing and project management skills. The job needs to have strong analytical capability and business savvy to deliver results. In addition, this position will serve as a stakeholder as needed on other SHDR project teams as well as help manage financial planning and resource allocation and planning. This position will report to Director, Marketing and will be based in Shanghai.
- Lead holistic planning and integration to develop longer-term business/marketing strategies and plans for Shanghai Disney Resort, including long term plan, annual plan, and seasonal events. Analyze and interpret data sources in order to help guide complex business decisions and form viable recommendations
- Lead development and deployment of marketing strategy and plans for musical, merchandise, food & beverage, and hotel. This includes positioning, annual plan, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Partner across lines of business such as Revenue management & analytics, Consumer Insights, Musical/Theatre team, Food & Beverage, Merchandise, Hotel, Finance, Sales, Digital business, Entertainment to develop strategies and plans to drive business goals
- Provide leadership to cross functional teams and partners to ensure consistent strategic direction, as well as explore new opportunities to drive business and brand growth
- Lead budget planning. Work closely with Marketing, Finance, Entertainment, Public Affairs and Operations team to manage project spending
- 10 years above of directly related experience, 15 years above preferred
- 4 years college degree
- Strong strategic thinking, solid business acumen, having an advanced ability to sort and interpret multiple sources of data in order to discern key business trends, challenges and opportunities. Strong business writing and Power Point skills. Advanced verbal and written communication skills. Highly proficient at leading and influencing peer level partners. Financial literacy, fluency in marketing strategy and communications
- Strong project management skills. Require significant collaboration across the organization as well as marketing partners across all disciplines. Requires extensive communication and influence skills across line of business, segment and agencies
- Supervisory oversight: initial direction provided by executives with regular check-ins during the planning process and approval on key business decisions from executive team
- Brand management experience: have led business plan and marketing plan development. Have experience in developing and managing large scale marketing campaigns
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.