Senior Manager, OD & Talent SolutionsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 740815BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 21, 2020
Responsibilities:Business Partnering & Consulting
- As a strategic OD&T partner, work with business and HRBPs to observe, diagnose, consult, plan and implement organization effectiveness and capability development solutions that can support and impact specific business needs and team dynamics.
- Partner with OD&T colleagues to provide holistic 1-stop solution in building capabilities and effectiveness across the organization inclusive of but not limited to learning, leadership, talent and other organizational development initiatives.
- Research and advise clients on the latest trend in learning, leadership, talent development and organization effectiveness.
- Develop measures, benchmarks, or scorecards to monitor the effectiveness of leadership development efforts; apply these measures to drive progress in talent management and retention
- Work as a proactive partner and facilitator to support the business transformation and culture change initiatives.
- Provide consulting on effective and optimal organization design for better business and function, while supporting resulting leadership and team transitions.
- Help the leaders and groups to identify and solve opportunities by structuring the discussion and intervening when necessary to improve the effectiveness of the group's collaboration and outcomes.
- Design and facilitate workshop, business meetings and team coaching activities etc. in an engaging, energetic and culturally sensitive manner for all level of leaders and employees.
- Identify and manage high quality external partnerships to assist in the deployment of OD, talent and learning solutions that contribute to organizational success.
- Leverage assessment, coaching and development tools, ensuring integration into the business and maximize benefit.
- Develop organization capacity for current and future business needs through relevant learning curriculum, leadership programs and talent strategies aligned to business strategy and plans, and ensuring enhanced employee performance.
- Develop core and functional competencies with learning programs and blended solutions, i.e., trainings, workshops, speaker series, panel discussion, e-learning, team building activities and the like; be a master trainer for critical courses, coaching and developing internal trainers to support implementation.
- Design high impact leadership development interventions for business leaders and management teams addressing their key business leadership challenges and growth opportunities.
- Provide consulting support to develop the required talent mix and pipeline to grow the business and transform organizations.
- Introduce diversity and inclusion interventions and best practices promoting more open, safe and inclusive work environment and culture.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders such as global OD&T COE, HRBPs, business leaders/managers, external consultant etc. to leverage relevant tools and resources.
- Measure and report the impact of OD&T interventions using leadership pipelines, talent bench, diversity mix, organization surveys, learning metrics and business/team performance results for maximum ROI.
- Join annual OD&T planning and quarterly learning calendar management.
- Support OD&T learning operation management and optimization.
- Align with brand communications and learning EVP building.
- Conduct best practice sharing and support team members to increase their effectiveness in applying instructional program design and delivery quality.
- Manage ad hoc projects as and when required
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline (i.e. Human Resources, Adult Education, Psychology) from an accredited educational institution, masters preferred
- Minimum of 10 years successful track record of developing, aligning and delivering learning, leadership and OD strategies and programs to business strategy and able to realize measurable business impact
- Proven facilitation skills and solid experience in both Chinese and English.
- Demonstrate substantial business acumen with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between OD&T solutions and business strategy.
- Deep subject matter expertise, using best practice approaches and personal passion in progressive core learning, organizational development theory and talent development experience.
- Proven team player with exceptional communication and influencing skills and capable of managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Exhibit capability to identify innovative ways for OD&T to support the business strategy.
- Mature and possess a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proactive and collaborative team player.
- A good balance between strategic thinking and attention to details.
- Business travel is required for this job.
- People management and/or consulting firm experience a plus
Additional Information:Core Competencies for the role:
- Strategic focus
- Impact and Influence
- Communicates and builds relationships
- Change agility and personal transition
- Project Management
- Problem solving and decision making
- Respect and Inclusion
- Personal drive and initiative
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.