Senior Manager, Retail Creative, APACApply NowApply Later Job ID 873388BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
- Reporting directly to the VP Creative, you will be responsible for leading the APAC Retail team to strategize retail creative visions and design solutions for the APAC region.
- Super creative, out-of-the-box visionary capable of bringing forth innovative retail design ideas that deliver strong business results.
- Designer with an exceptional eye for detail, sensitivity to the guest experience and passion for TWDC portfolio of brands.
- Bold, optimistic and passionate creative leader with the ability to mentor and lead diverse teams across geographies.
- Lead the development of retail toolkits / Style Guides across the portfolio of brands.
- Liaison with internal project stakeholders including- Commercial, Marketing, Graphic Design, Product design teams, Content Partners (Studios) and Brand Management.
- Lead the development of design for retail stores and shop-in-shops delivering on-trend retail design solutions.
- Manage the flow of work and appropriate graphics resources to ensure timely and successful project completion.
- Manage and direct outside consultants.
- Develop team members to become future leaders.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in retail design, branded architecture and experiential design with a major retail company or top design agency.
- A minimum of 6 years working experience in a management leadership role.
- Ability to lead a culturally and geographically diverse team.
- High level of enthusiasm and be an inspirational advocate for creative excellence.
- Outstanding design vision with proven track record of delivering innovative retail experiences.
- Hands-on, ability to convey design ideas and concepts quickly to leadership and business partners
- In-depth knowledge of the global Marketplace with an understanding of the competitive market, consumers, tech and retail trends.
- Proficient knowledge of Architectural Drawing details, and construction costs, means and methods.
- Knowledge of visual merchandising best practices, with proven experience in retail presentation.
- Technical proficiency required to standardize fixture package - fixture detailing - and new fixture development.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate creative ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work in a constantly evolving environment.
- Establish best practice internal processes.
Preferred Qualifications:Key Skills Requirement
- Strong presentational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and operational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong collaborative spirit.
- Ability to multi task.
- Adaptable in a fast paced, high growth work multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in various presentational (Microsoft Office, Keynote…etc.) and professional design (CAD, Sketch UP, 3D rendering, and Adobe Creative Suite) software.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.