Senior Merchandise Presentation SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 770413BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China; Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 23, 2021
- You will be responsible for visual presentation solutions for all cross categories products displays in the store including but not limited to window display, visual proposition design and placement.
- You will monitor and execute store displays, set the schedule for inspection of store displays.
- You will be responsible for store display execution and guidance. Regularly provide relevant display photos or display reports, corrective guidance and display adjustments to store display related issues to achieve standard execution according to display guidelines;
- You will contribute to develop VM props and all kinds of fixtures that use for the store promotion and seasonal purpose. Communication with vendors and partners with sourcing team to control the cost;
- You will be with leader supervision, manage and maintain Merchandise Presentation routine budget. Have a clear understanding of how the routine budget works, i.e. submitting purchase order requests and data entry information, as well as have an understanding of the property budget strategy;
- You will execute or maintain show quality standards (window, table, visual presentation, etc.) Be willing to take initiative on projects and help other Cast Members. Assist in the implementation of key merchandise initiative floor sets and overall presentation;
- You will provide training on Disney’s display and provide training on merchandise displays and related display knowledge to designers or Operation team in each Line of Business, thus improving the level of display in the park;
- You will be able to manage the team well and communicate efficiently with other functions when the display manager is absent. Ensure that all projects are completed on time and to quality standards;
- You will partner with internal and external clients to ensure that character integrity, brand and creative standards are met;
- You will timely communicate with key partners (Merchandise Operations, planning, and product development) daily or weekly based on business needs (merchandise entry and exit logistics) in addition to the prioritization of calendar events. Attend weekly walks to support stage plans, merchandise presentation standards and guidelines.
Basic Qualifications:Desired Qualifications:
- You need college diploma. Fashion, arts, design, Visual merchandise or marketing program.
- You need 5+ years of merchandise presentation background.
- You need great understanding of diverse design styles, colours and visual display techniques.
- You need proficiency in writing, reading and speaking Mandarin and English
- You need computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and CorelDraw.
- You need good presentation, communication and organization skills
- You need proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work. Meanwhile be a team player with positive attitude
- You need ability to be proactive and take direction for creative conceptualization and implementation of work related projects
- You need to demonstrated ability to be flexible and detail-oriented
- You need international corporation career background with new location opening experience is preferred
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.