Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Senior National Marketing ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736880BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Disney English Date posted Mar. 16, 2020
- The Manager, National Marketing for Disney English will be responsible for developing and leading all direct marketing, digital marketing, product marketing and brand marketing strategies and programs to ensure the growth and success of Disney English throughout China.
- Further develop the Disney English brand across parents and children aged 2 to 12, conduct ongoing market research in order to propose modifications to existing as well as new Disney English program/product development; plan and execute below-the-line marketing and PR strategies that successfully drive budgeted lead quantity and quality.
- As a member of the core Disney English national team, the Manager, National Marketing will help formulate and execute the overall business strategy and key initiatives with high integrity and at all times complying with the companies policies and procedures.
Marketing Team Management
- Structure the national and regional marketing organization, including the identification, selection (with approval of the sourcing team), and management of national and regional agencies to achieve all marketing and business objectives of the business including lead generation (and resulting sales), new product development and brand awareness.
- Ensure success metrics are in place for all initiatives/campaigns and track and communicate results. Track ROI for marketing initiatives in achieving the national, regional and center sales goals, evaluating effectiveness and creating next-step action plans.
- Work closely with the General Manager to propose and oversee the annual marketing budgeting process and closely monitor the cost per lead and cost per sale as well as the close ratio from leads to sales
- Lead the continuing development of the umbrella brand for Disney English, including brand positioning, messaging and creative execution, taking into account the needs of both parents and children across each unique age segment.
- Identify, develop, and execute new above-the-line marketing opportunities to accelerate the overall awareness of the Disney English brand and unique selling propositions and measure the impact of such initiatives in terms of overall brand awareness and related metrics.
- Produce an annual marketing calendar and be responsible for ensuring all initiatives are effectively communicated and rolled out and then implemented.
- Manage focus groups and consumer research to develop/modify current and future Disney English products/programs and to create targeted marketing campaigns and brand messaging
- Continually monitor overall consumer feedback on the Disney English brand and associated programs to ensure that we are addressing and exceeding consumer needs.
- Work with District/Area Managers and regional marketing teams to establish marketing objectives for the Disney English centers based on competitive market analyses and sales objectives.
- Develop a national, regional and center lead generation plan and set targets to support overall sales goals with an appropriate combination of lead quantity and quality.
- Develop and successfully implement a direct marketing strategy at the regional and center level to achieve cost effective lead generation.
- Lead the effective development, creation and execution of marketing plans, internal and external marketing materials, and regional media buys.
- Oversee the creation of all marketing collateral including print and online, including the Disney English consumer website, in accordance with the aligned product and brand positioning.
- Develop and execute regional online promotions and partnerships to achieve leads target.
- Coordinate Call center TMK recruitment to ensure enough manpower and personal production.
- Keep Optimizing Call Center incentive scheme & Working process to enhance the personal performance and team stability
- Daily TMK operation data tracking and analysis
- Work with business development to identify new products or business opportunities and assist in the development of comprehensive business cases.
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications / other skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree required, with a Master’s degree in marketing strongly preferred
- Experience in seeking established marketing executive with a proven and successful track record over a minimum of 7 years in both brand and direct marketing to consumers.
- Experience in children’s product, retail or service marketing to consumers strongly preferred, with specific knowledge of Chinese education or English Language Learning (ELL) market a plus.
- Experience in managing targeted marketing, driving leads (both on-line and off-line) to multiple locations to support sales target and proven track record of launching and maintaining leading consumer brands.
- Strong general management experience in developing and leading a high performance marketing team.
- Proven ability to work with a cross functional team and in a matrix multinational corporate environment to align and execute marketing initiatives that require the involvement of multiple resources.
- Demonstration of an exceptionally creative approach to marketing underpinned with clear alignment with strategy and measurable business goals.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends and solutions to drive the business.
- Fluency in Chinese and English.
- A person must be equipped with a strong understanding of China Consumer market.
- Be highly intelligent, quick and well rounded. S/he should quickly be viewed by peers as reasoned, constructive and driven by common corporate goals.
- Have a high entrepreneurial spirit and creativity to grow business and improve operational efficiency.
- A passion for creating high-quality, innovative products that educate and entertain kids of all ages.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and effectively manage through stress and hitting deadlines.
- Have high sense of energy and service orientation to meet deadlines
- Have high personal integrity and credibility; A track record of building successful relationships and garner support across business units.
- Have energy that will be coupled with a strong team orientation that will enhance Disney’s reputation for top quality products and services.
- Have strong communication, organizational savvy, listening and interpersonal skills.
- S/he will have the ability to be receptive to new ideas and the maturity to know when to compromise.
- Possess superior leadership and managerial skills; will demonstrate the ability to train and develop their subordinates and maximize employee engagement.
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.