Senior Network Engineer
Shanghai, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID 876069BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
Job Summary:As a Senior Network Engineer initially supports Telecom from a technology perspective and collaborates with Technology & Digital, management, Client Services, IT security, Data Center hosting, IT facilities, Voice Services, and application architecture teams across all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle.
You will be mainly responsible for the network security operation of all technologies used in the data centers, WAN backbone, regional, metro, campus, local area networks, Internet perimeters, wireless infrastructure, and Cloud-based network services. Meanwhile, you will also be responsible for understanding and interpreting network security technology and business requirements to offer solution design and project delivery. This includes participation in discovery, documentation, validation and refinement of solutions while considering opportunities for re-use of standard solutions and technologies.
- You will provide highly skilled technical assistance for network planning, engineering, and architecture from security perspective;
- You will provide implementation and technology reviews for network security domain, as well as participating in the management of network security solution;
- You will develop technical standards and documentation, identify, and evaluate new products, and provides resolution, and evaluate new technologies and platforms to determine whether their applicability aligns with the business’s needs;
- You will identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance;
- You will evaluate and identify opportunities for network performance and functionality improvements;
- You will proactively communicate the progress status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues;
- You will deploy LANs, WANs, and Technical support for business applications, including firewall, routers, switches, load balancer, IPS, IDS and other network related hardware and software;
- You will resolve detailed technical Network operational issues and other network connectivity issues that have been escalated to the network team;
- You will diagnose and resolve the network problem in a timely fashion, including being on call during non-office hour in case of network emergency that may arise;
- You will handle network related change management and ensure all changes are under standard procedure and controlling;
- You will work with NOC (network operation center) or other global function teams for network global/regional policy, architecture, standard deployment;
- You will participate in complex IT projects of different scales to meet the overall life cycle management of business units (needs assessment, design, and implementation);
- You will implement network asset management, including maintaining network component inventory and related documents and technical specifications.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science;
- Possess 5+ years network security experience with focus on theme park, hospitality, digital media; convergence industrial with supporting enterprise network engineering & architecture, or technologies (firewall, WAN, LAN, load balancer, IPS etc.,);
- Familiar with Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco, H3C etc. on one or more network security products are preferred. Owned certificate or equivalent qualification certificate is plus;
- Payment Card industry and SOX, PII work experience considered a plus;
- Demonstrated experience in operation & implementation large complex IT project utilizing structured engineering/design life cycle (need daily operation, troubleshooting and implementation) including the utilization of project management tools. PMP, ITIL and other related certificated are preferred;
- Possess advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures;
- Progressive knowledge/experience managing projects of increasing size and complexity including the utilization of project planning and project dashboard tools.;
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative solutions;
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail;
- Strong customer, quality, and results orientation;
- Ability to be an active and effective team member;
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves;
- Bilingual of Fluent English and Mandarin is required.
Additional Information:We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – welcome and entertain millions of guests each year from across the country and around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require all newly-hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their onboarding dates.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.