Senior ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 766955BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 20, 2020
- Oversee all production aspects of special/seasonal events and new spectaculars, stage shows, parades, and atmosphere offerings for SHDR
- Establish, evaluate, and direct long term strategies, policies, and procedures for ongoing Entertainment production plan.
- Work closely with the Show Operations teams as well as other operation partners during show development, production, casting and rehearsals to ensure successful opening of special/seasonal events and new shows.
- Recruit / manage / mentor Producers, Associate Producers, Production Managers, Stage Managers and Production Assistants for Creative and Production.
- Develop and manage budgets for all assigned shows and special/seasonal events.
- Work closely with Sourcing and Procurement, Licensing, Legal teams and other operation partners to develop and monitor contracting, staffing and vendor strategies.
- Evaluate and cultivate local talent market for all Production team staffing
- Partner closely with Segment Entertainment team on global strategies and initiatives.
- Research and cultivate relationships in local arts and theatre communities with performing arts and industry associations.
- Post-secondary degree in Production Management, Stage Management, Art Management or related.
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in arts and entertainment industry, Disney experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in producing / stage management / company management
- Thorough knowledge of show creative and production process from brainstorming through opening
- Very strong leadership and communication skills; ability to interact effectively with creative and production teams, other lines of business, Segment partners, direct reports and front-line staff
- Demonstrated ability to build, manage, and mentor large teams
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and oversee long term plans and budgets
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management, cast, crew, vendors and clients
- English required, Mandarin a plus
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.