Senior Product Specialist
Shanghai, Mainland ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID 785943BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 14, 2021
Job Summary:Based in Pudong Shanghai, the Senior Product Specialist will participate in developing and executing the strategies and visions for the Shanghai Disney Resort Customer data platform, and will assist product manager to lead and collaborate with the team to develop product features based on team strategy and vision. Another focusing area of this position will be leading the daily operations of digital products including SHDR customer data platform and 3rd-party platforms. This role is inherently cross-functional: the Senior Product Specialist will work closely with engineering, design, operations, analytics and executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities. A successful candidate should be a skilled expertise in the areas of data-driven digital user experience and product development.
Responsibilities:• You will understand and execute the product analysis according to data and business requirements;
• You will develop product requirements, and turn into product backlog and user stories;
• You need experience in agile software development methodology to follow product roadmap;
• You will develop and optimizing dashboards and visual tools to be used by key departments such as Operations, Merchandising, Marketing, and other teams;
• You will enable compelling visualizations of data to enable data driven business decisions;
• You will collaborate with Business Intelligence teams;
• You will proactively seek out and identify untapped opportunities and unmitigated risks;
• You will drive improvements in analytic methods and tools;
• You will be super user and tutor of the business teams to educate, support and guide on CDM, Power BI tools for analysis purposes;
• You will drive cross functional workshops to ensure end to end improvements;
• You will make sure best practice and lessons learned are shared within the department;
• You will drive continuous development by communicating and prioritizing business requirements to the development team.
Basic Qualifications:• 5+ experience in data analyst/ business analysis/expert or in a related data driven organization;
• BA or BS degree or above;
• Fluent in English and Mandarin;
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Strong math and statistical skills preferred;
• Have a strong business acumen;
• Process modelling skills and experience;
• Outstanding time and planning management;
• Ability to influence stakeholders on business plans and make collaborative decisions;
• Experience with technical, user and business issues in a fast-moving digital organization;
• Flexible and able to adjust to change quickly;
• Data analysis and visualization using BI tools such as Power BI or Tableau is preferred;
• E-commerce experience a plus.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.