Senior Sourcing SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 707382BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Nov. 06, 2019
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness and cost
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects that meet internal Client’s requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with employees at all levels
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus – ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
- Ability/desire to work in diverse environment
- Knowledge of:
- Sourcing & Procurement processes with understanding operation needs.
- 5-6 years experiences in the strategic sourcing disciplines or Indirect Material business related major
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or other quantitative discipline
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.