Senior Specialist, EventsApply NowApply Later Job ID 798846BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 23, 2021
- You will support the coordination and process management of various corporate events. Integrate the work of all relevant operational departments at Shanghai Disney Resort and coordinate the work of internal and external organizations to ensure the smooth running of events, including
- Pre- and post-stage events of various scales;
- Special park days, youth activities, partner programs, etc.;
- Media, marketing, seasonal and other event management in the resort.
- You need to independently prepare project presentations and related materials to support the execution of special events, and in doing so, facilitate the collaboration and integration of events across business units;
- You will organize and lead cross-departmental meetings and discussions, and develop and track action plans and task information updates to ensure the success of the event;
- You will be required to provide support and execution assistance for the integration of programs for various special events;
- You will be required to support key Shanghai Disney Resort events (including media/marketing campaigns, large scale special events, etc.) by integrating and coordinating the work of various business units;
- You will be a key member of a team that is given the highest level of attention and service and will provide the highest level of service;
- You will be required to screen and analyze essential data and information extracted from event operations efforts, providing valuable advice and support to ensure consistency, accuracy and effectiveness of a range of special events;
- You need to be able to manage a committee of representatives from various business units, organize dialogue and meetings, and provide valuable reports and information updates;
- You will be required to perform other tasks as assigned by your leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- At least 3 years of working experience in event management, operations management or consulting, change management or other similar areas with a good understanding of practices at Multinational Companies in China;
- Ability to present complicated ideas in simple ways;
- Experience in facilitating cross-functional meetings and workshops;
- Ability to organize a massive number of basic data and/or information in a systematic way;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Mandarin;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and a good team player;
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural and high-pressure environment;
- Ability to prioritize the work under a tight timeline;
- Proactive, positive, forward-thinking, goal-oriented;
- Possess strong computer skills, including but not limited to Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.