Senior Specialist, Government AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 763759BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 05, 2020
Day-to-day functions include but are not limited to: support the government affairs leader to develop overall Government Affairs strategies, maintain and develop a relationship with relevant government agencies, business chambers, industry associations, and academic organizations, tap into the cooperation potential and develop new cooperation opportunities, and execute the cooperation programs; understand key business needs through regular communications with LOBs and support their needs, take actions to engage with relevant external stakeholders to address LOB’s business issues; create or identify opportunities and platforms to help drive Shanghai Disney Resort business; carry out systematic research in government financial subsidy by collecting, consolidating and analyze relevant information, and apply for subsidies. The position will also support the Government Affairs team in monitoring and updating the business operation environment of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Support the realization of internal and external goals of Government Affairs function of Shanghai Disney Resort, development and execution of government affairs strategies and tactics, and the organization and detailed implementation of various programs and events
- Leverage Government Affairs’ current network with government, business chamber, industry association stakeholders to explore new cooperation programs and business opportunities
- Create or identify opportunities and platforms to help drive Shanghai Disney Resort business and enhance Shanghai Disney Resort’s reputation
- Understand key business needs through regular communications with LOBs and support their needs, take actions to engage with relevant external stakeholders to address LOB’s business issues
- Collect, consolidate and analyze information relating to government financial subsidies, and apply for financial subsidies
- Help collect relevant information and assist in drafting business environment/landscape change monitor report
- Assist in receiving government inspection and visit, and the visit of other stakeholders
- Accomplish all assignments effectively, accurately and within the established timeframe
- Work closely with internal lines of business to support Government Affairs team accomplish various programs and tasks
- At least 3 years of experience in government affairs or public affairs related field
- Ability to think strategically
- Knowledge of Shanghai and China’s development and social landscape, and related government policies
- Knowledge of and/or experience of working with the Chinese government and state-owned enterprise management
- Ability to implement strategies and work as a team to implement Government Affairs strategies and plans
- Demonstrate creative thinking and flexibility
- Strong communication skills with government departments,industry chamber and civil society organizations
- Strong problem solving and conflict management skills
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to take the initiative and responsibility
- Proficient in verbal and written English and Mandarin Chinese
- Strong presentation, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working in a multinational corporate environment
- Computer Skills, knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.