Senior Specialist, Government AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 786071BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted May 08, 2021
Day-to-day functions include but are not limited to: support the government affairs leader to develop overall GA strategies; identify new business opportunities and initiate new projects to help drive SHDR business, and follow through the implementation; coordinating with various LOBs internally to align on strategies, approaches and develop implementation plan, and externally with key stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness and impact of each project; understand key business challenges and needs through regular communications with LOBs and support their needs, take actions to engage with relevant external stakeholders to address LOB’s business issues. The position will also support GA team in monitoring and updating the business operation environment of SHDR.
- Support the realization of internal and external goals of Government Affairs function of Shanghai Disney Resort, development and execution of government affairs strategies and tactics, and the organization and detailed implementation of various programs and events;
- Maintain, strengthen and expand GA’s current network with government, business chamber, industry association stakeholders to explore or create opportunities and platforms to help drive SHDR business and enhance SHDR’s reputation;
- Support the coordination with related key government stakeholders, industry associations, and corporations to initiate projects and programs that can benefit SHDR’s business growth by leveraging stakeholders’ resources;
- Understand key business challenges and needs through regular communications with LOBs and support their needs, take actions to engage with relevant external stakeholders to address LOB’s business issues;
- Help collecting relevant information and assist in drafting business environment/landscape change monitor report.
- Assist in receiving government inspection and visit, and the visit of other stakeholders.
- Accomplish all assignments effectively, accurately and within established timeframe.
- Work closely with internal lines of business to support GA team accomplish various programs and tasks.
- Flexibility in schedule based on work assignments is needed.
- At least 3 years of experience in government affairs or public affairs related field
- Knowledge of Shanghai and China’s economic and social landscape and related government policies, and/or experience of working with Chinese government and state-owned enterprise management
- Passionate about the theme park and entertainment industry
- Strong communication skills with government agencies, industry associations and social organizations
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to communicate up and down the organizational structure to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and the ability of meeting deadlines, handling multiple priorities, partnering, relationship-building, influencing
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, problem-solving and conflict management skills and the ability to adapt and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced and diverse business unit of a multi-national company
- Get along with fellow team members and work as a team
- Fluent in spoken and written Chinese and English
- Strong computer Skills - knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.