Senior Specialist, Internal CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 763780BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Aug. 05, 2020
The successful candidate will engage in all disciplines of internal communications. The individual will be working in a very dynamic and fast paced environment with a heavy focus on collaborating with various stakeholders and teams to manage and develop internal communications campaigns, and to ensure the quality and accuracy of English language material. The daily work scope will include but not be limited to supporting message development and review, editorial and publication management, support of digital Cast engagement platforms, Cast event management, internal promotions, executive communications, and more.
This position will report to Associate Manager, Internal Communications.
- Support the development and execution of internal communication strategies, campaigns, processes and platforms that support the business objectives of Shanghai Disney Resort
- Support and develop digital Cast engagement platforms
- Work with leadership and internal business partners to develop plans to effectively communicate strategic objectives and initiatives to internal audiences
- Ensure that all communication is accurate, timely and professionally written to support business needs
- Accomplish assignments effectively, accurately and within an established timeframe
- Ensure that guidelines for the proper use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics and names are met in every communication piece. Ensure that all communication pieces reflect legal and relevant guidelines
- Project management of various Cast related initiatives to meet schedule of all events, programs, and collateral work
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelor degree or above in related disciplines, preferred major in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Media, Marketing, Liberal Arts, English, or International Relations
- Native level of English is required
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Extensive English writing and editing experience
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate across various teams to implement communication strategies and plans
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver key messages to targeted audiences
- Strong client service, influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly creative, with an ability to identify unique channels, mediums and manners to effectively communicate and inspire audiences
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Enjoys coordinating and collaborating across various teams to execute projects
- Keen interest in on-going process creation and improvement
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in crisis situations and handle projects with immediate delivery schedules
- Experience working in a multinational corporate environment is a plus
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in publishing, graphics design, photo and video editing software is a plus
- Experience managing and developing content for online and social media platforms is preferred
- Flexibility in schedule based on work assignments is required; may require weekends, holidays, early morning, and late evening work
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.