Senior Specialist, Operating ParticipantsApply NowApply Later Job ID 767196BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 28, 2020
Within the Shanghai Disney Resort Operating Participants team, the primary role of you as a Manager, Operating Participants is to establish relationships and to execute and manage tenant agreements specifically with third party operators for Disneytown and for other supporting resort facilities. You will also be responsible for supporting the on-going servicing of these lease arrangements. You are expected to initiate, develop and support sound strategic and financial analyses from current tenant performance analyses, industry and consumer insights research and by partnering with internal lines of business within the Shanghai Disney Resort to develop actionable recommendations to Operating Participants and Shanghai Disney Resort executive management. You will report directly to the Director, Operating Participants at Shanghai Disney Resort but will also partner closely with Disney’s Operating Participant team worldwide.
Responsibilities:We are seeking candidates with accomplished professional experience and demonstrated leadership, real estate development and operational skills to fill the position of Manager, Operating Participants, with specific expertise working with retail operators in China. You should be able to demonstrate experience doing the following:
- Research & Development: Monitoring industry activity, conducting trend analysis and maintaining an active database of prospective retail tenants by major categories, (i.e., Apparel, Accessories, Footwear, restaurants, etc.)
- Strategy & Analytics: Develop tenant mix plan/adjustment plan based on project position and overall strategy; assist in forecasting and budgeting tenant revenues and project expenses. Provide financial and lease valuation models; conducting tenant and deal due diligence; offering creative business solutions.
- Business Development Clients & Lease Execution: Identifying qualified potential tenants, establishing relationship and negotiating new Letter of Intent (LOIs) and leases (and potentially renewal of existing leases). Lead the negotiation of service agreements and package plans
- Lease Management: Act as contractor administrator by overseeing approvals, adherence to Shanghai Disney Resort standards, and ensuring routine audits are conducted; acting as owner’s representative on construction and tenant improvement projects; lead the effort to drive internal alignment and coordination; assisting with the development and implementation of global qualitative measures and processes.
- Business Plan: closely monitor Disneytown business performance, provide analysis report and recommendations to maximize tenant utilization of assets
- Guest/Client Satisfaction: nurturing business relationships with the corporate executive and local levels; developing, driving and managing Operating Participants; providing recommendation to Shanghai Disney Resort Leadership.
- More than 3-6 years of relevant work experience in leasing, asset management, real estate development, operations or other related field in China
- Knowledge of retail industry, development, and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field
- Strong negotiation skills. Rich experience in contracts execution
- Strategic thinking, has financial analytical skills and able to read behind data
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader/partner/collaborator/influencer
- Ability to develop practical business solutions, to forecast trends and to deliver results
- Ability to scope, create and analyze financial and valuation models
- Detailed knowledge of Chinese retail markets and Chinese business practices
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task work flows
- Refined bilingual written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional Proficiency of English and Mandarin
- Experience working in multinational corporate environments
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of theme park, branded consumer product, and/or media entertainment businesses
- Strong secondary research skills with knowledge of business and industry research resources
- Proven track record with project management tools and techniques
- Understanding of Disney brand drivers and attributes
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.