Senior Specialist-PermittingApply NowApply Later Job ID 776368BR Location Shanghai, Mainland China Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jun. 23, 2021
- Build and maintain the relationships with government authorities, relevant entities and all disciplines within the SHDR organization to facilitate efficient communication on post-opening gov’t supervision and law enforcement, both internally and externally.
- Implement the overall strategy and develop work plans, work seamlessly with internal LOBs from Development and Operations teams, and support permitting team to obtain all licenses and permits required for Shanghai Disney Resort.
- You will act as point of contact with the working level of relevant government authorities including the Pudong New District, the local Shanghai bureaus, and central government authorities as required;
- You will gain familiarity with the laws and regulations related to licensing and permitting, attend the training for government policies and regulations and pass the critical information to work for teams within the Disney organization;
- You will make sure the successful implementation of the strategy and work plan of Permitting, with technical assistance from each line of business and consultants;
- You will work closely with lines of business, understanding their needs, record the challenges encountered, and facilitate solutions by seeking support and leveraging resources from team leaders and external government authorities;
- You will periodically summarize work progress and give regular reports to the Permitting Manager;
- You will assist Permitting Manager to lead the preparation of application package by reviewing the drawings, specifications, applications, and other critical information being requested by the authorities, conducting the pre-communication with relevant authorities, and tracking the approval process, to ensure the licenses and permits be issued as planned;
- You will review and process complex permit applications, provide professional advice on unusual and complex permit submittals based on Disney uniqueness;
- You will provide assistance and guidance to third-party tenants on license and permit applications;
- You will complete the filing work of the licenses and permits obtained using the document archive system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Project Management, Legal, Government Relations, Real Estate Business or related profession;
- 5+ Years job-related experience. Construction, hospitality, retail, food and beverage, show & entertainment, or equivalent service industry work is preferred;
- 3+ years of construction relevant permitting experience or related project development experience in Shanghai and mainland China;
- Previous experience working for a multi-national company is a plus;
- Proven experience managing the project process and construction of relevant permits;
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to coordinate numerous resources;
- Experience with and proven understanding of scheduling, estimating, budgeting, and quality control;
- Ability to manage conflict, work under pressure and solve problems in complex situations;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbally in presentation and conversation, and written in correspondence to stakeholders;
- Adapt to change, establish relationships, build consensus, anticipate roadblocks, and work in a team environment;
- Experience of multicultural and diverse teams;
- Proven ability to work in a complex and diverse major business unit of a multi-national company;
- Strong background and specific knowledge in the business of working with the government authorities on licenses and permit applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix organization; Willingness to work and integrate with multiple partners and leverage other’s resources;
- Demonstrated understanding of basic financial analysis and business case development;
- Proven ability to be proactive, work effectively under little supervision while meeting timelines;
- Proven ability to develop policies and guidelines for large-scale operations;
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous priorities;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency in writing, reading, and speaking Mandarin and English.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.