Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
SHDR Part-time Interns (Current College or University Students)Apply Now Job ID 434494BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted 03/17/2017
Park Operations: Park Operations Part-time Interns work in a variety of roles to enhance our Guests’ overall experience including: Attractions, Guest Flow, Main Entrance, and Resort Transportation.
Merchandise Operations: Merchandise Operations Part-time Interns mainly responsible for greeting and interacting with our guests in a positive and friendly manner following the guest service model.
Food & Beverage Operations: Food & Beverage Operations Part-time Intern divides into quick service restaurant, outdoor vending and table service restaurant.
- Food & Beverage Operations Part-time Intern (quick service restaurant): mainly work as Greeter, Cashier, Expeditor, Runner, and Drink Pourer.
- Food & Beverage Operations Part-time Intern (outdoor vending): mainly responsible for vending products to our Guests including but not limited to the following items: ice cream, popcorn, bottled beverages, and Souvenir. This role is also responsible for providing excellent Guests and Cast services through giving information and assistance as needed (e.g., directions, event schedules, etc.). Besides, interns need to work as inventory runner, material keeper and cashier. You need to work outdoors for a long time.
- Food & Beverage Operations Part-time Intern (table service restaurant): mainly work as Greeter, Assignor, Seater, Server, Busser, and Cashier.
- Keeping SAFETY is the priority focus
- Deliver amazing Guest Services
- Everyone plays the role of custodian to keep Shanghai Disney Resort clean for our Guests
- Be proactive with Guests to answer questions and be flexible in handling Guest situations
- Constantly interact with Guests and Cast. Create Disney memories for our Guests
- Learn how to play the roles as greeter, cashier, host/hostess for customization service, stock helper, and others in Front of House. Rotate in different roles according to scheduling within 1 day.
- Greet and approach Guests to offer assistance, discover their merchandise needs and help them make their selection and comment on their purchase.
- Offer additional merchandise to go with their selection to enrich guests’ shopping experience.
- Expeditor – Greets takes and assembles Guest’s order, serves salad, entrees, accompaniments, desserts and beverages, Portions back-up items (i.e. fruit cup, desserts, cutleries and condiments). Stocks serving line with food and serving supplies. Ensures that the food is fresh and adheres to quality standards. Responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of the area.
- Greeter – Greets and assists Guests with direction and flow. Provide resort, restaurant and other information necessary to provide excellent Guest service. Interact with guest and deliver magic moment.
- Runner – Replenishes food, condiments, disposables and other serving items on the serving line, food show case and condiment stations in all guest service area as necessary. Responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of the area.
- Drink Pourer – Reads drink screen and/or receipts to process orders. Responsible for preparing drinks, stocking the beverage station with ice, cups, carbonated beverage syrup and beverages such as milk, juice and water. Responsible for the sanitation and cleanliness of the area. Maintains the area by sweeping or mopping as needed
- QSR Cashier – Greets and takes the Guest’s order, enters it into the system, and verifies the Guest’s order by repeating total order back to the Guest. Receives and processes payment. Follow cash handling and operation procedure. Responsible for maintaining their work area, restocking, and cleaning. Should have cash handling capabilities and be able to count back change
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Courteous to our Guests and with good communication skill and service mindset
- A team player and able to handle problem individually
- Flexible/adaptable (Working at outdoor environment and shifts duty are required)
- Physical Demand includes prolonged standing, constant bending and lifting
- Basic English ability
Additional InformationWork Location:
- Your work location is Shanghai Disney Resort in Chuan Sha, Pudong New Area, Shanghai.
- You could take metro Line 11 to Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Basic wage (per hour)
- Food subsidies
- New Cast Member Orientation
- Exclusive Cast Member Discounts
- Main Entrance Pass
- You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
- We welcome disabled candidates to apply for our jobs.
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in mainland China, will be a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity, and adventure. On opening day, the resort will be home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park, two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel and Toy Story Hotel, Disney town, a large shopping, dining and entertainment venue, a Broadway-style theatre, a Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disneyland will be a Magic Kingdom-style theme park featuring classic Disney storytelling and characters but with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. As we create this magical destination, we’re looking for a variety of world-class professionals including front line Cast Members and an innovative development team to help our plans take shape.