Show DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708436BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland); , China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Sep. 26, 2019
- Responsible for the creative development of projects, shows or events from inception throughout production, rehearsals and performance
- Create and develop show concepts, including scripts, lyrics and announcements
- Write treatments, prepare and deliver presentations and pitches
- Responsible for the on-going show quality and re-mount of existing or long-running shows in operation
- Collaborate with production team, costume designer, music director, choreographer, talent casting, art director, SFX, lighting and audio as necessary
- Identify and support target areas for performer improvement
- Communicate performance notes and areas of performer improvement to operational management team.
- Assists the Talent Casting team to conduct auditions.
- Communicating effectively with other teams.
- Transcribing, editing, formatting, transmission, copying, translating and archiving documents.
- Set up and maintain an effective filing system.
- Accomplishing other assignments from the leader on time.
- At least 8 years experience in organizing and leading shows and events; theme park entertainment experience and / or Disney experience a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Broad knowledge of Entertainment industry trends and audience preferences, both locally and internationally
- Awareness of all aspects of entertainment show development and production
- Ability to organize material to be taught and conduct rehearsals, teach and coach
- Ability to adapt teaching to all levels of learning
- Ability to observe and document performer’s execution of blocking, and stage presence and give constructive performance notes to performers
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management, cast, crew, vendors and clients
- Strong written and presentation skills a must
- Detail oriented
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Good coordination skills and organizational skills.
- Patience, prudency and honesty
- Demonstrates flexibility to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with continuous change to prioritize conflicting needs
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with cast members, clients and operating areas and fostering a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Major in performing arts, theater or related discipline preferred
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.Apply Now Apply Later