Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 768591BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai, Mainland China Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 05, 2020
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following models established by Sourcing, focusing on total cost of ownership
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Sourcing process
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing policies and best practices
- Able to tailor effective communication to internal clients depending on level of audience
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Meet clients’ requirements for service, quality and value at lowest total cost
- Be aware of market trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of goods, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients.
- Research and implement “best practice” procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise
- Provide equivalent support to other territories as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- A minimum of 3 ~ 4 year experience in procuring goods and services in the related area
- Marketing sourcing experience in multinational companies would be an advantage
- Professional certification –Fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Purchasing, Finance, Business, Logistics or marketing & advertising
- Good understanding and ability to use source to pay systems and applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Internal customer focus
- Ability/desire to work in a multi-cultural, multi territory environment
- Understand Sourcing and supports future direction of Sourcing
- Change agent willing to ask the hard questions and lead efforts to create and implement improvement in the organization and Company
- Knowledge of best practices – Erfx, Procurement card, EDI, ERS, EFT, strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (China) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.