Already applied?View Dashboard
Sous ChefApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735878BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
You will also be directly involved together with the Chef de Cuisine (western/Chinese/senior) and the Executive chef to plan and execute new concepts and food programs and proportion. You are responsible for all the restaurant, kitchen under your care, the culinary staff, the menu, cost, and all special events that requires food service from this locations; responsible for Interacts regularly with internal senior level staff, Executive Sous chef (Chinese/ Senior) and Executive Chef; to be the leader of a highly trained culinary team at locations. To build your restaurants or locations into a place that constantly provide the highest standard in quality and consistency in food, within the given guidelines and food cost and to maintain a safe and clean environment for a highly motivated culinary cast.
- Can assist the superior to follow up the daily operation of the restaurant, and cooperate with the superior to actively implement the work tasks assigned by the food and beverage department;
- Supervise the implementation of specific services, maintain the level of quality services, and timely find and correct problems in catering services;
- Assist the Chef in making work plans, training plans, rules and regulations, working procedures and standards for kitchen positions;
- Skilled use of various skills in the restaurant and computer operation;
- Have certain management ability, strong communication ability and sense of responsibility;
- Keep the western restaurant equipment and facilities clean, intact and effective, timely maintain the warranty and put forward new Suggestions.
- Assisted the chef in the research and development of dishes, and trained kitchen assistants to improve the overall quality of meals;
- Responsible for the supervision and implementation of health regulations and various health systems in the kitchen department;
- Supervise the quality of food in the kitchen, and the quantity or quantity of food in accordance with the standard recipe;
- Responsible for checking the quality and quantity of purchased and stock food, reasonably arranging the use of raw materials and controlling the cost;
- Responsible for the deployment of kitchen staff and the scheduling of shifts, and the reasonable allocation of work.
- High school degree or above, age 28 or above, at least 8 years (including) of western food kitchen experience, or at least 2 years (including) of sous chef experience;
- Familiar with all kinds of western food production process, master the production technology of western food dishes, such as Japanese food or barbecue and other special skills preferred;
- Good at innovation and coordination, constantly developing new dishes and developing new menus;
- Love service industry and willing to accept shift work;
- Strong sense of responsibility, responsible and earnest in work;
- Familiar with the restaurant management and service knowledge, with skilled service skills;
- Have a good sense of service, have a high ability to deal with restaurant emergencies and communicate with customers;
- Capable of oral English dialogue;
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.