Specialist, Citizenship and Community RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712443BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
Day-to-day functions include but are not limited to: developing and organizing citizenship and community outreach projects; supporting community relations manager in leading and managing the MagicALL Cast Advisory Council; maintaining relations with nonprofit organizations and managing the resort’s philanthropy programs, etc. The position will also support community relations manager in preparation of Shanghai Disney Resort’s CSR report.
- Develop and execute community relations and corporate citizenship strategies, campaigns, processes and vehicles that support the corporate citizenship objectives of Shanghai Disney Resort in both external and Cast Members.
- Support community relations manager in leading and managing the MagicALL Cast Advisory Council.
- Ensure all outreach programs and charitable giving which reflect the company’s citizenship mission.
- Provide accurate reports and documentation on all charitable giving
- Build and maintain relations with nonprofit organizations
- Coordinate with related line of business and draft corporate social responsibility report
- Accomplish all assignments effectively, accurately and within established timeframe.
- Routinely work with internal leadership to support the development of corporate citizenship strategies.
- Ability to coach others and enjoy team work.
- Flexibility in schedule based on work assignments is needed; might require some weekends, holidays, evening work as well as domestic and international business travels.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in corporate communications and/or corporate social responsibility related field.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Knowledge of Shanghai and China’s development and social landscape, and related government policies.
- Ability to implement strategies and coordinate with a project team to implement philanthropic strategies and plans.
- Knowledge of community relations and corporate citizenship/social responsibility works in China and overseas.
- Demonstrate creative thinking and the ability to take initiative with projects and anticipate issues of concerns
- Strong communication skills with nonprofit organizations
- Strong event planning and project management skills
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Process improvement/continuous improvement skills
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese, oral and written
- Strong presentation, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Experience working in a multinational corporate environment
- Knowledge of Chinese government and state-owned enterprise management, and experience with same
- Computer Skills - knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, iMovie and iPhoto
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRprofessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.
Specific benefits vary between different roles and may be adjusted according to company policy. Shanghai Disney Resort does not charge a fee to submit job applications and has not authorized any individual or company to charge to do so. Please always check our official channels or platforms for the most relevant recruitment information.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, intellectual or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. The “Equal Employment Opportunity” in this policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff/ termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.