Already applied?View Dashboard
Specialist, External CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 604568BR Location Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality, China (Mainland) Business Shanghai Disney Resort Date posted Mar. 12, 2019
Job Summary:This position will support the External Communications function of the Public Affairs team at Shanghai Disney Resort. The position will assist in executing the overall external communications strategy for the resort, while also support the English language services of the External Communications function.
The successful candidate will be working in a very dynamic and fast paced environment with a heavy focus on external communications activities to support the resort’s reputation management. He or she will also collaborate with various stakeholders and teams to ensure quality and accuracy in English language material. The daily work scope will include message development and review, editorial and publication management, media event management, external promotions and more.
This position will report to Communications Manager, Public Affairs.
- Support the development of and execute external communication strategies, campaigns, processes and channels that support the business objectives of Shanghai Disney Resort
- Develop and maintain relations with local-based foreign media and expat media
- Develop and communicate key messages and information related to the development and future operations of the resort.
- Organize media roundtables and special event logistics
- Ensure that all English language communication is accurate, timely and professionally written
- Ensure that guidelines for the proper use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics and names are met in every communication piece. Ensure that all communication pieces reflect legal and relevant guidelines
- Monitor public opinion which affects Shanghai Disney Resort’s reputation and business, and implement timely actions which assist in managing such issues
- Accomplish assignments effectively, accurately and within established timeframe. Manage both external vendors and internal stakeholders relevant to each individual projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Affairs, Journalism, Communications or other relevant areas
- 2+ years of related professional experience
- Native level of English is required
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Extensive English writing experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in publishing, graphics design, photo and video editing software is a plus
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate across various teams to implement communication strategies and plans
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver key messages to targeted audiences
- Strong client service, influencing and negotiation skills
- Highly creative, with ability to identify unique channels, mediums and manners to effectively communicate and inspire
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Keen interest in on-going process creation and improvement
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in crisis situations and handle projects with immediate delivery schedules
- Experience working in a multinational corporate environment
Additional Information:Keyword: SHDRProfessional
About Shanghai Disney Resort:
Shanghai Disney Resort, the first Disney resort in Mainland China, is a place where friends and families can escape together to a whole new world of fantasy, imagination, creativity and adventure. The resort is home to the Shanghai Disneyland theme park; two themed hotels; Disneytown, a large shopping, dining and entertainment district; a Broadway-style theatre; Wishing Star Park and other outdoor recreation areas. Shanghai Disney Resort Cast Members provide world-class service to guests, and the resort brings classic Disney stories and characters to life with authentic cultural touches and themes tailored specifically for the people of China. Shanghai Disney Resort offers something for everyone – thrilling adventures, lush gardens where guests can relax together and enriching interactive experiences.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Shanghai Disney Resort.